Re: [xml-dev] What Is XML ? WAS : RE: [xml-dev] [OT] Re: [xml-dev]Lessons learned from the XML experiment

On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 15:38:04 +0000, David Lee wrote:
> maybe its useful to use a different term then "XML" for #2 ... I dont
> know what that might be.

"XQuery Data Model" seems apropos (for your #2 and for Hans-Juergen as
well).

The XDM specification (arguably) anticipates alternate serialization
and representation of the model (the model is central, so persistence
and transmission is peripheral, so long as it's not lossy).

But I don't think that those things are true for XML, which is defined
as a particular set of productions composed of unicode characters.

Amy!