Re: [xml-dev] How to do XML design, per Jackson Structured Design

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Uche Ogbuji <uche@ogbuji.net> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Stephen Cameron <steve.cameron.62@gmail.com> wrote:
Multiple hierarchical views of data are good:

- hmm, isn't that what XQuery was developed explicitly to achieve?

Well that comment is a head scratcher, but never mind.  I do this pretty much every day in my day job, without the merest shred of XQuery.  As a matter of fact it's pretty interesting that in one of my recent projects I led development of a particularly intensive multi-hierarchical project in

s/in/through/

pipelining code in Python (the target corpora was represented in XML).  Another group re-implemented it in XQuery, for reasons I fully understand. However, after taking one look at the XQuery the greater update by other

s/update/uptake/

participating groups has been through the Python code.

--
Uche Ogbuji                                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira                  http://zepheira.com