Re: [xml-dev] Re: XML As Fall Guy

> On 27/11/2013 7:37 am, "cbullard@hiwaay.net" <cbullard@hiwaay.net> wrote:
> Simon sez: "Whatever the underlying story, I suspect we'll be dealing
> with the reverberations from this for a while."

Agree with this. The one thing for sure is that MarkLogic now has a big
headache and a lot of damage control to worry about :)

I think you'll find that now the spotlight is on those responsible for the
Healthcare.gov project, they'll be grasping at any straw they can to spread
the blame around.  I'll bet that in the application they are using it for,
MarkLogic is a sound technology choice.

My conclusion: this smacks of a typical "big business" technology
We had an analogous problem over here in Queensland, leaving a $1.2B hole
(search: Queensland Health payroll disaster). The somewhat amusing upshot
being that IBM is currently banned from doing new business with the

I wonder how much better these types of projects could go if a more
incremental (Agile) approach was taken. The beauty of XML is that if you
the systems up right it can give you amazing flexibility and power

Gareth Oakes
Chief Architect, GPSL