making of Lux

It occurred to me folks on this list might be interested in an article I wrote a couple of weeks ago, but may not have seen it.

http://blog.safariflow.com/2013/11/11/the-making-of-lux-xml-query-for-lucene/

Aside from some technical details, it talks a little more broadly about XML's relevance and our experience implementing sites both with extensive XML tooling, and without.

I expect brickbats - let them fly!

-Mike

There's also a related presentation (and video should be forthcoming) from a talk I gave at the Lucene Dublin conference here: http://www.lucenerevolution.org/2013/Lucene-Solr-Revolution-2013-Dublin-Presentations#Michael_Sokolov