Re: [xml-dev] Parsing XML with anything but

On 12/9/13 10:09 PM, Gareth Oakes wrote:
I don't see how that is condescending. It is a simple statement of fact,
based on observation. I myself fall into this category, when working on my
car, doing handyman stuff around the house, etc. Google and Youtube are
the saviours!
I'm sorry, but no. It's one thing to be self-deprecating, another to sputter about people who can't be bothered to learn their job in your opinion.

On the topic: who says that it is wrong to learn this way? It seems the
www exploded into popularity and usefulness exactly by this methodology -
you don't need to be a learned professional to be productive. That has
proven to be a very good thing.
Yes, completely. And absolutely zero of that appeared in your message. Zero. It was straight-up criticism of what you presented as incompetence. The smiley wasn't even winking.

Of course, perhaps I'm oversensitive to XML folks not taking web
developers and other programmers seriously
I am happy to overlook oversensitivity and I agree that web developers and
other programmers should be taken seriously.
I'm pleasantly surprised to hear it.  Please remember that when writing.

Thanks,
--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/