Re: [xquery-talk] [xml-dev] Mistakes made in the design of XQuery 3.1

On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 5:25 PM, daniela florescu <dflorescu@me.com> wrote:

> You can be assured that we had lively debates on this topic,

After “living” in the XQuery W3C working group for 15 years….. I don’t doubt you had. I am just happy I was not there.

But, sorry, W3C took the wrong decision: in one instant with this decision, you lost the JSON community.

Is this not a variant of the Worse is Better argument (or did I not properly understand that essay...... probably).

The issue with many JSON people is that they don't seem to acknowledge the need for interoperability with XML so the utility of a "bilingual language" probably doesn't resonate.

Without wishing to appear informed can I ask a question.

Was the Crockfordesque faction represented in the composition of the WG or was it (of necessity) a bunch of XML people talking about how to support JSON?