Re: [xml-dev] XML to graph

Good to hear, I like Cypher and so far the Neo guys have been pretty open to making it better over time.  I agree that you have to be careful on how you implement. Some real CS knowledge, and in particular understanding the distinction between a node and an edge, helps but it can be seductive to just dive straight into prototyping since it's very easy in Neo....

I would likely move all your metadata into the graph.  A hypergraph type model works really well to eliminate any deep traversal, but you do have to watch out for super nodes.  One way relationships can help, but although edges have a direction in Neo it doesn't implement one way relationships.  Titan does, but you don't get Cypher...

Peter Hunsberger