Re: [xml-dev] Modern talking

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Hans-Juergen Rennau <hrennau@yahoo.de> wrote:

 Ironically, I take a much more pragmatic view than you: I couldn't care less about those 19 primitive types, for example, but I do care about the possibility to apply a single, uniform (and extremely powerful) navigation model to any mixture of XML, HTML, JSON, CSV, SQL/SELECT, .ini, .yaml, ... resources. To let a single expression sweep across them, collect and combine the collected into a new shape!

Check out <http://cds.library.brown.edu/resources/stg/monographs/ohco.html> for the limitations of the "ordered hierarchy of content objects" view of the information world.

--
John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        cowan@ccil.org
If I have not seen as far as other giants, it’s because I have been