Re: [xml-dev] A tool that returns a list of the IDREF elementsdeclared in a bunch of XML Schema documents?

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 5:16 PM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org>
wrote:

> I have a bunch of XML Schema documents. I need a complete list of
> elements that are declared to be of type IDREF.
>
> Is there a tool that will search through the XML Schema documents and
> report all the elements of type IDREF?

The lxprintf utility from the LTxml2 package (Edinburgh) can be used to
query the XSD files from the command line, eg

$ lxprintf -e '*[@type="xs:IDREF"]' "%s on %s\n" @name
'(ancestor::xs:element|ancestor::xs:attributeGroup)/@name' docbook.xsd
linkend on db.common.linking.attributes
endterm on xref