Re: ***SPAM*** Re: [xml-dev] Re: [ANN] XSLT 1.0 and XPath 1.0were published on 16 Nov 1999

On Sun, 2019-11-17 at 01:13 +0000, Hans-Juergen Rennau wrote:
>  Thank you, Marcus, Henry, Michael! But the idea of XPath appears to
> me so coherent that I find it difficult to believe that it emerged in
> a process which has to do with votings and can be captured by
> minutes.

Well, accuracy of minutes aside (Martin Campbell-Kelly was one of my
lecturers as an undergraduate), go look at HyTime's fully qualified
generic identifers and at TEI Pointers (which SoftQuad Panorama
implemented, thanks to the smart folks at Synex).

Liam

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org