Re: 'Trustworthy' formats [was: Re: [xml-dev] Re: How long beforeservices sending/receiving XML might need replacement?]

Dave Pawson, please. I am not a barbarian.

On 2021-11-13 02:38, Dave Pawson wrote:
On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 at 09:35, Jim DeLaHunt <list+xml-dev@jdlh.com> wrote:
On 2021-11-13 01:20, Stephen D Green wrote:
so the original message might not be what is kept.…
If I am paying Very Much Money to Expensive Government Contractor to produce a manual for my Durable Infrastructure Project, why would I ask them to deliver that manual in anything but the format which I want to keep?
I was waiting for a logical conclusion there Jim - deliver paper as
being more 'trustworthy' :-)
I do not insist on paper as being the only trustworthy format. I am quite open to other formats which have proved their long-term durability, e.g.  𒀝𒅗𒁺𒌑 as used in <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%41kk%61di%61n_language#/media/File:P1050578_Louvre_Ob%C3%A9lisque_de_Manishtusu_d%C3%A9tail_rwk.JPG>. I think that is quite forward-looking of me.

:-)

Best regards,
     —Jim