Re: [xml-dev] Is XML a language or a data format?

Perhaps, guardians of XML are guardians of civilisation.

As nuclear war peril looms, maybe we should print data and knowledge considered essential to future generations of civilisation, such as calendars and basic maths, onto sheets of plastic, perhaps by stencil holes rather than perishable ink, and do so worldwide now in case of nuclear war. Making use of the persistent nature of plastic. Before the world loses the ability to read binary, make and use electricity and fossil fuels, etc.