Search the archive
1999
2002
2005
2008
2011
2014
2017
2020
2023
All messages
Query hits
| Date | Subject | From | Committee | Snippet |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| 8 Oct 1999 | Re: X.500 names for regrep [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | >From Jon Bosak: Subject: Re: X.500 names for regrep - ? [Terry Allen:] | I happen to have lying about RFC 2256, which I have excerpted. | Section 5 gives a set of X.500 semantics and their labels; | Section 7 shows how they fit together (see 7.4 for an example). | Seems to me |
| 9 Oct 1999 | Re: X.500 names for regrep [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | Jon asked: >What is "houseIdentifier" doing down at number 5.52, for example, wedged in between "uniqeMember" and "supportedAlgorithms"? I'm guessing; maybe Peter can say better; but the items seem to be listed in no sensible order but that of their decimal identifiers. So my gu |
| 9 Oct 1999 | Re: X.500 names for regrep [thread] [month] | Peter Flynn (2) | regrep | > Jon asked: > >What is "houseIdentifier" doing down at number 5.52, for > example, wedged in between "uniqeMember" and "supportedAlgorithms"? > > I'm guessing; maybe Peter can say better; but the items seem to be > listed in no sensible order but that of their decimal identifie |
| 11 Oct 1999 | RE: X.500 names for regrep - ? [thread] [month] | Ron Daniel (3) | regrep | The great thing about name and address standards is that there are so many to choose from. vCard is one spec that has been implemented fairly widely. Not surprisingly, it has some similarities to the material in RFC 2256. It may be worthwhile to look at it, and see what part of i |
| 11 Oct 1999 | RE: taxonomy for schema+related entities [thread] [month] | Ron Daniel (3) | regrep | Hi Terry, You may want to add RDF schemas to the list of schemas. Regards, Ron |
| 11 Oct 1999 | RE: taxonomy for schema+related entities [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | Ron Daniel writes: | You may want to add RDF schemas to the list of | schemas. Interesting political ground. I've reorganized the DTDs and will be emitting a new version Fairly Soon. The XML and SGML entity semantics now are in xsgml-entity-list.ent, which looks like this: x |
| 11 Oct 1999 | RE: X.500 names for regrep - ? [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | Ron Daniel wrote: >The great thing about name and address standards is that there are so many to choose from. vCard is one spec that has been implemented fairly widely. Not surprisingly, it has some similarities to the material in RFC 2256. It may be worthwhile to look at it, and |
| 11 Oct 1999 | Question about how the resulting work from this committee will be published/announced. [thread] [month] | Ravi Manikundalam (3) | regrep | Terry: It is my understanding from the last call that this group is working on three things (1) A registry technical specification which will result in a XML-DTD based specification to enable the packaging and publication of XML based "Items" and their related information to |
| 11 Oct 1999 | Re: Question about how the resulting work from this committee will be published/announced. [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | Ravi wrote: | It is my understanding from the last call that this group is working on | three things | | (1) A registry technical specification which will result in a XML-DTD based | specification to enable the packaging and publication of XML based "Items" | and their related |
| 11 Oct 1999 | regrep list now archived [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | in a minimalist format. Instructions: All of the OASIS mailing lists are now being archived (as of 10/08/99 11:30 am) ... The messages will be stored in monthly archives with the format: listname.YYMM (ex. listname.9910) To access the archives for a particular list send an emai |
| 11 Oct 1999 | Regrep Docbook samples [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | Here's a set of sample files for the registration of the Docbook DTD, and DTDs revised in light of the experience of writing the instances. If you're pressed for time, take a look at dbrelated.txt to see how much there is to cover by way of related information. And note that thi |
| 18 Oct 1999 | 15 Oct conf call minutes [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | OASIS Regrep TC Conference Call Friday 15 October 1999 Minutes Terry Allen NOTE: although I was asked to reserve international lines for a conference call about a month ago, no one has used them for the last two calls. If you want to call in from outside the area that can conn |
| 19 Oct 1999 | Re: Blessing DocBk XML? [thread] [month] | System | docbook-tc | Did we reach closure on this issue? I got the impression that the response was basically positive, but should I proceed? If so, I think the following would be in order: 1. Release 3.1.7 with an OASIS FPI, 2. Publish it on the OASIS website, and 3. Announce the blessing (OASIS |
| 19 Oct 1999 | Re: Blessing DocBk XML? [thread] [month] | System | docbook-tc | Before we do this we need to - agree on how we've de facto revised our previous policy on when to move to XML and how - describe the relationship of the XML to the SGML - figure out what we should do wrt documentation I'm up to my ears in regrep; would someone else like to sugg |
| 19 Oct 1999 | Re: Blessing DocBk XML? [thread] [month] | System | docbook-tc | There are in fact a few options: a) Norm puts his XML version of the Docbook DTD, as requested by Norbert, up somewhere in Oasis (not in the docbook area), with an FPI that has no mention of Docbook in it -- this group has nothing to do with that, and no further action is requir |
| 20 Oct 1999 | URL of Regrep home page [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/index.html (that's the member's-only page). The userid is "oasismember" and the password is "tobago" as in the island. regards, Terry |
| 20 Oct 1999 | Re: Blessing DocBk XML? [thread] [month] | System | docbook-tc | / eduardo <[email protected]> was heard to say: There are in fact a few options: a) Norm puts his XML version of the Docbook DTD, as requested by ... b) Norm presents his XML version of Docbook to this group and asks for published with an Oasis/Docbook FPI. What bother |
| 20 Oct 1999 | Re: Blessing DocBk XML? [thread] [month] | System | docbook-tc | > Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:32:00 -0400 > To: [email protected] > Subject: Re: Blessing DocBk XML? > From: Norman Walsh <[email protected]> > User-Agent: Gnus/5.070095 (Pterodactyl Gnus v0.95) Emacs/20.4 > > / eduardo <[email protected]> was heard to say: |
| 20 Oct 1999 | regrep 29 Oct conf call details, agenda [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | OASIS Regrep TC Conference Call Friday 29 October 1999 Agenda - discuss agenda, new items - news from XML.org Steering Committee conf call, if any - reminder of next face-to-face - THTTP - critique revamped document set (due out the previous Friday) - new items - adjourn |
| 21 Oct 1999 | RE: URL of Regrep home page [thread] [month] | David Connelly | regrep | Hi Terry, Thanks very much for this info. best regards, David > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] > [mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Terry Allen > Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 1999 11:14 AM > To: [email protected] > |
| 21 Oct 1999 | Regrep docs updated [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/index.html has been updated. I believe the Technical Specification is ready (of course it can't be, but I need you to tell me why), and there is now a spec for a submission package in zip. Please comment! regards, Terry Terry Allen |
| 28 Oct 1999 | reminder, regrep conf call tomorrow [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | OASIS Regrep TC Conference Call Friday 29 October 1999 Agenda - discuss agenda, new items - news from XML.org Steering Committee conf call, if any - reminder of next face-to-face - THTTP - critique revamped document set (due out the previous Friday) - new items - adjourn |
| 29 Oct 1999 | RE: reminder, regrep conf call tomorrow [thread] [month] | Kearns, Una | regrep | Hi, I apologize but I will not be able to make tomorrows call as I am giving a presentation to our customers at the same time. Thanks, Una -----Original Message----- From: Terry Allen [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Thursday, October 28, 1999 2:43 PM To: [email protected] |
| 1 Nov 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: docbook XML entities in nsgmls [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / Bob Stayton <[email protected]> was heard to say: | Actually, I mentioned nsgmls because it exhibited the same | symptoms as Arbortext Adept in this regard. My real | problem was trying to use Arbortext with the Docbook 3 XML | DTD. In the XML world, you officially don't need an S |
| 2 Nov 1999 | Regrep 29 Oct call minutes [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | OASIS Regrep TC Conference Call Friday 29 October 1999 Agenda - discuss agenda, new items - news from XML.org Steering Committee conf call, if any - reminder of next face-to-face - THTTP - critique revamped document set (due out the previous Friday) - new items - adjourn |
| 2 Nov 1999 | Regrep 12 Nov conf call [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | OASIS Regrep TC Conference Call Friday 12 November 1999 Agenda - discuss agenda, new items - review DTDs in detail - review revised THTTP - examine the implications of the registry interface for the work we've done so far - work out or review how to do a full (including co |
| 2 Nov 1999 | RE: Regrep 12 Nov conf call [thread] [month] | Norbert Mikula | regrep | My apologies, I will be travelling back from Europe that day. ---------------------------------------------- Norbert H. Mikula Chief Technology Officer [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> DataChannel, 600 108th Avenue NE 9th Floor, Bellevue, WA 98004 Phone |
| 4 Nov 1999 | Re: Regrep 29 Oct call minutes [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | I failed to note that we also agreed to make the draft Tech Spec available for public review; I think that will happen next week. regards, Terry Terry Allen Advanced Technology Group Commerce One, Inc. Walnut Creek, Calif. tallen[at]s |
| 5 Nov 1999 | Feedback on draft spec [thread] [month] | Ravi Manikundalam (3) | regrep | Having reviewed the draft spec here is my feedback. Based on our experience of having a ZIP file format for enabling schema submission although was a start, I do not see how having a registry specification which focuses on yet another and just a ZIP file packaging format for sch |
| 5 Nov 1999 | Re: Feedback on draft spec [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | Ravi wrote: | Having reviewed the draft spec here is my feedback. | | Based on our experience of having a ZIP file format for enabling schema | submission although was a start, I do not see how having a registry | specification which focuses on yet another and just a ZIP file pa |
| 7 Nov 1999 | 11th/12th meeting and call in possibility [thread] [month] | Ravi Manikundalam (3) | regrep | -----Original Message----- From: VirusAdministrator03 [mailto:VirusAdministrator03] Sent: None To: Ravi Manikundalam Subject: Mail delivery failure ****** Message from InterScan E-Mail VirusWall NT ****** Sent >>> RCPT TO:<[email protected]> Received <<< 550 <regreg@oasis- |
| 7 Nov 1999 | Regrep Face-to-Face and Conf Call Reminder [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | >From Laura Walker's announcement: The next OASIS Committee Meetings will be held in conjunction with the XML One event: DAYS: Thursday and Friday DATES: 11-12 November 1999 LOCATION: Santa Clara, CA. Westin Hotel ROOMS: Thursday 9-5 |
| 7 Nov 1999 | Re: Regrep Face-to-Face and Conf Call Reminder [thread] [month] | Peter Flynn (2) | regrep | > The next OASIS Committee Meetings will be held in conjunction with the XML > One event: Shall there be a meeting at XML/MT '99 ? ///Peter |
| 7 Nov 1999 | RE: Regrep Face-to-Face and Conf Call Reminder [thread] [month] | Laura Walker (4) | regrep | Yes, the OASIS member meetings are scheduled for 12/9-10. On Sunday, November 07, 1999 3:19 PM, Peter Flynn [SMTP:[email protected]] wrote: | > The next OASIS Committee Meetings will be held in conjunction with the | > XML | > One event: | | Shall there be a meeting at XML/M |
| 9 Nov 1999 | Re: Regrep Face-to-Face and Conf Call Reminder [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | Oh, by the way, please bring your laptops *with floppy drives* so that we can all look at the same think in the likely event we don't have projection, or print out copies of the documents at the OASIS site to bring with you. Thanks! regards, Terry |
| 9 Nov 1999 | RE: Regrep Face-to-Face and Conf Call Reminder [thread] [month] | Ron Daniel (3) | regrep | Hi Terry, I'm not going to be able to attend the F2F, but will call in during the teleconference. Regards, Ron > -----Original Message----- > From: Terry Allen [SMTP:[email protected]] > Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 1999 8:57 AM > To: [email protected] > Subject: Re: |
| 9 Nov 1999 | Agenda item for the TC meeting [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (8) | docbook-tc | Formulating DocBook as an XML Schema... |
| 9 Nov 1999 | Re: Agenda item for the TC meeting [thread] [month] | eduardo (4) | docbook-tc | Gee thanks, now I have to request a room for a couple of months...;-) E. > Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:15:10 -0500 > To: [email protected] > Subject: Agenda item for the TC meeting > From: Norman Walsh <[email protected]> > User-Agent: Gnus/5.070098 (Pterodactyl |
| 9 Nov 1999 | Re: Agenda item for the TC meeting [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | docbook-tc | according to what schema language? can we put this one off, or at least hold the session in the bar at midnight? |
| 9 Nov 1999 | Re: Agenda item for the TC meeting [thread] [month] | eduardo (4) | docbook-tc | I would assume that according to http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/ and http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/ both from November 5, 1999. Personally, I have not had time to study them, and I'm not sure I will by then. Not in detail. But we can start doing some work, can't we? Partic |
| 9 Nov 1999 | Re: Agenda item for the TC meeting [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (8) | docbook-tc | / Terry Allen <[email protected]> was heard to say: | according to what schema language? can we put this one off, | or at least hold the session in the bar at midnight? I don't think so. Well, we can talk about it in the bar at midnight if you'd like, but I think we should at le |
| 9 Nov 1999 | Re: Agenda item for the TC meeting [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | docbook-tc | > But we can start doing some work, can't we? As a final draft is expected by the end of the year (or the whole endeavor may blow up) I don't think we can do so without risking rework. Unless Norm is bored ... |
| 9 Nov 1999 | Re: Agenda item for the TC meeting [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | docbook-tc | >But, ahem, I need to know what to say in the official documentation. :-) Nothing. OASIS is for the advancement of structured information STANDARDS. Even if we relax that to "specifications", there's nothing to advance yet. Sure, we can talk about |
| 9 Nov 1999 | Re: Agenda item for the TC meeting [thread] [month] | Murray Altheim (3) | docbook-tc | Terry Allen wrote: > > >But, ahem, I need to know what to say in the official > documentation. :-) > > Nothing. OASIS is for the advancement of structured information > STANDARDS. Even if we relax that to "specifications", there's > nothing to advance yet. Sure, we can talk |
| 10 Nov 1999 | Re: Agenda item for the TC meeting [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (8) | docbook-tc | / Terry Allen <[email protected]> was heard to say: | Unless Norm is bored ... Well, I have this tool that makes an XML representation of a DTD. Making it turn out an XSchema is sort of a plan of mine. Bored. It is to laugh. Cheers, |
| 10 Nov 1999 | Re: Regrep Face-to-Face and Conf Call Reminder [thread] [month] | Bruce Peat | regrep | Terry I forgot mine, I thought I had packed it. Is it possible for you to make a copy for me. - Bruce ----- Original Message ----- From: Terry Allen <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 1999 11:57 AM Subject: Re: Regrep Face-to-Face |
| 11 Nov 1999 | Regrets for call and Face-to-Face [thread] [month] | Alex Milowski | regrep | I regret I will not be able to attend either the conference call or the face-to-face this week because I am on my way to Minnesota for family matters. R. Alexander Milowski (415) 477-3608 XML Architect amilowski@lexica. |
| 11 Nov 1999 | 11 Nov F2F notes [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | N.B.: conf call Fri AM will be held as planned. OASIS Regrep TC Face to Face 11 November 1999 Agenda - discuss agenda, new items - review DTDs in detail - review revised THTTP - examine the implications of the registry interface for the work we've done so far - work out |
| 15 Nov 1999 | Regrep 12 Nov conf call notes [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | OASIS Regrep TC Conference Call Friday 12 November 1999 Agenda - discuss agenda, new items - review DTDs in detail - review revised THTTP - examine the implications of the registry interface for the work we've done so far - work out or review how to do a full (including co |
| 19 Nov 1999 | test [thread] [month] | Danh Dang (5) | ebxml-awareness | test -------------------- Danh Dang Unicomp Technologies [email protected] |
| 20 Nov 1999 | Mailing lists [thread] [month] | Laura Walker (4) | ebxml-awareness | Please note that email sent to the following addresses are bouncing back: [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] If any of these people is a member of your list, please contact them as soon as possible and alert them to the need to resubscribe to th |
| 20 Nov 1999 | ebXML Mailing lists - erroneous email addresses [thread] [month] | Laura Walker (4) | ebxml-awareness | Please also add: [email protected] to the list. -----Original Message----- From: Laura Walker [SMTP:[email protected]] Sent: Friday, November 19, 1999 11:44 PM To: 'ebXML-Awareness'; 'ebXML-Core'; 'ebXML-regrep' Subject: Mailing lists Please note that em |
| 21 Nov 1999 | Regrep 3 Dec conf call details [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | OASIS Regrep TC Conference Call Friday 3 December 1999 Agenda - discuss agenda, new items - review revisions to tech spec; - review revised THTTP - reminder of next face-to-face, in Philadelphia - new items - adjourn call details: Friday 3 Dec 99 9-10 AM Pacific domesti |
| 22 Nov 1999 | DTD.com [thread] [month] | Robin Cover | regrep | See the lead news entry in 'XML Industry News' http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/xmlNews.html or http://www.dtd.com/press/DTDcom-PR1.html [November 22, 1999] "Lumeria Announces DTD.com, a Powerful New Site and Web Application for XML Developers. DTD.com Web Site Incl |
| 22 Nov 1999 | Re: DTD.com [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | Thanks, Robin. That's interesting. I can't see any IP notice, so I imagine they're way out on a limb in allowing users to edit and resubmit the DTDs they've collected. But I could be wrong. regards, Terry Terry Allen Advanced Technology Group |
| 22 Nov 1999 | test [thread] [month] | Danh Dang (5) | ebxml-bp | test -------------------- Danh Dang Unicomp Technologies [email protected] |
| 22 Nov 1999 | Regrep site update and ebxml report [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | I've refreshed the site, including details of the 3 Dec conf call and Philadelphia meeting, and an updated tech spec. I haven't made all the changes decided at the last F2F, but most, and I've extracted documentation from the DTDs and put it in http://www.oasis-open.org/commi |
| 30 Nov 1999 | Conference Call Agenda [thread] [month] | Paul R. Levine (5) | ebxml-bp | Business Process Methodology Working Group, As a reminder, there will be a teleconference call today, Tuesday, 30 Nov. from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time. To access the call, please dial +1 732 336-6000, followed by a PIN of 8327# at the prompt. Proposed agenda item |
| 30 Nov 1999 | No Subject [thread] [month] | Danh Dang (5) | ebxml-architecture | -------------------- Danh Dang Unicomp Technologies [email protected] |
| 30 Nov 1999 | Welcome [thread] [month] | Danh Dang (5) | ebxml-architecture | Welcome to the ebxml-architecture list |
| 30 Nov 1999 | regrep hyperlinked email archive [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | is up! see http://www.xml.org/archives/regrep/maillist.html regards, Terry |
| 1 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: FYI: DocBook RFEs for OASIS TC Meeting [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | In preparation for the OASIS DocBook TC meetings to be held next week in conjunction with XML'99, I've prepared the following list of open/pending RFEs (requests for enhancement). The complete RFE database is available online at http://docbook.org/rfe/ |
| 1 Dec 1999 | Meeting in Philadelphia [thread] [month] | Mary Brady (2) | xmlconf | Hi Everyone, I'd like to have a meeting in Philadelphia next week to discuss work items for the XML Conformance Subcommittee. Agenda items include: * Minor updates to existing XML test suite * Additional XML tests * Possible new directions - DOM Testing |
| 1 Dec 1999 | PIF, PSL, ontology, XML [thread] [month] | Howard Smith | ebxml-bp | Members of this list may be interested in the following process specification efforts: Process Specification Language http://www.ontology.org/main/defns/psl.html http://www.ontology.org/main/papers/psl.html Process Interchange Format http://ccs.mit.edu/pif/ These are semanti |
| 1 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: DocBook for OASIS TC Meeting [thread] [month] | (4) | docbook | The upcoming OASIS DocBook TC meeting will take place in conjunction with XML'99 at the Marriott Hotel in downtown Philadelphia in the USA. Monday, December 6, 9am - 5 pm, Room 406 Tuesday, December 7, 9am - 5pm, Room 409 The agenda is: -- Review and approve Docbook 4.0 change |
| 1 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook for OASIS TC Meeting [thread] [month] | Michael Sabrio (3) | docbook-tc | Eduardo, I thought the OASIS meeting was on Friday. I was hoping to do tutorial and conference things on Monday and Tuesday. Is this the first time we've heard these dates? Michael > The upcoming OASIS DocBook TC meeting will take place in conjunction > with XML'99 at the |
| 1 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook for OASIS TC Meeting [thread] [month] | (4) | docbook-tc | > Eduardo, > > I thought the OASIS meeting was on Friday. I was hoping to do tutorial > and conference things on Monday and Tuesday. Is this the first time > we've heard these dates? Hum, no... The first official notice was sent by Laura Walker a couple of weeks ago; there's |
| 1 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook for OASIS TC Meeting [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | docbook-tc | The OASIS TC meetings were originally and inadequately scheduled for Friday only. We've managed to get enough time for them all by stretching them out through the week (and Regrep will meet on Friday, too), but the final schedule has indeed been announced far too late. Not Edua |
| 2 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: install [thread] [month] | ZioBudda (2) | docbook | Hi, there is no rpm avaible for install docbook 3.1 undex Linux/Redhat 6.1? The Install file is more and more cryptic. Le uniche cose che girano sotto Windows 95 sono le palle. (di Davide "Gatto Feroce" Inglima) -- Michel <ZioBudda> Morelli [email protected] http://ziobudd |
| 2 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: Using DocBook for a API documentation [thread] [month] | maarten de boer (2) | docbook | Hi DocBook list, We want to use DocBook for the documentation of the ALSA library API, www.alsa-project.org. It seems to me that DocBook provides some tags to help this, like: FuncDef , FuncParams , FuncPrototype , FuncSynopsis , FuncSynopsisInfo, FuncDefs. What is not clear |
| 2 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Using DocBook for a API documentation [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / maarten de boer <[email protected]> was heard to say: | What is not clear to me is how the overall structure | of such a documentation should be. What would be the | tags to: | * group function in certain categories | * follow every function by a descriptive paragraph |
| 2 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Using DocBook for a API documentation [thread] [month] | David C. Mason | docbook | maarten de boer <[email protected]> writes: > Does anybody know of an API that has been documented like > this with DocBook ? Any suggestions ? A good example is the gtk API docs. http://www.gtk.org/rdp They have even made a package you can download which will parse th |
| 2 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Using DocBook for a API documentation [thread] [month] | maarten de boer (2) | docbook | Hi Norman, Thanks for your reply, > The structure you describe sounds like a typical "RefEntry". > These are called "man pages" in typical UNIX documentation. > Take a look and see if that fulfills your needs. Yes, I believe it does. The printf example in your book is very cle |
| 2 Dec 1999 | object-class and property in 11179 [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | I promised to write up for the list a description of what 11179 means by "object-class" and "property". That a data element concept is the conjunction of the two is a basic concept of 11179, but it isn't illustrated too well. (Note that we're mostly concerned with data element |
| 2 Dec 1999 | Regrep meeting details for Phila [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | and remember there's a conference call tomorrow ... Here's the complete list: Monday, December 6: 9am - 5 pm OASIS DocBook Meeting Room 406 Marriott 5:30- 6:30 Process Advisory Meeting Room 406 Marriott 9am - 5pm Cover Site Meeting |
| 3 Dec 1999 | Re: object-class and property in 11179 [thread] [month] | rschuldt (2) | regrep | Regrep Team, I agree with most of Terry's comments regarding data element concepts and his interpretation of 11179. The one area I offer a differing opinion is the topic of whether a DTD should or could be constrained by 11179. I believe we could apply the 11179 principles to al |
| 3 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: DocBook installation problems. [thread] [month] | Brendan Simon (3) | docbook | I have downloaded, compiled and installed openjade-1.2.2. I can run jade "demo.sgm" in the dsssl directory without any problems. I have installed docbook-1.4.6 and put it in /usr/local/share/sgml. I have copied the catalog from /usr/local/share/sgml/docbook to /usr/local/share/s |
| 3 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: install [thread] [month] | Stephane Bortzmeyer (3) | docbook | On Thursday 2 December 1999, at 16 h 14, the keyboard of ZioBudda <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi, there is no rpm avaible for install docbook 3.1 undex Linux/Redhat > 6.1? (That's something I dislike with RedHat, once you have any real work to do, you need random RPMs f |
| 3 Dec 1999 | Re: object-class and property in 11179 [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | What Ron Schuldt says is true: >The properties that one might want to associate to an object such as "document" could include; publication date, author name, revision identifier, etc. I was able to evade declaring these as properties of an object class because these properties a |
| 3 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook installation problems. [thread] [month] | Stephane Bortzmeyer (3) | docbook | On Friday 3 December 1999, at 18 h 35, the keyboard of Brendan Simon <[email protected]> wrote: > I have installed docbook-1.4.6 and put it in /usr/local/share/sgml. Since DocBook is currently 3.1, I assume you mean the Modular Stylesheets. > jade -t rtf -d jtest.dsl jtest.s |
| 3 Dec 1999 | RE: DOCBOOK: DocBook installation problems. [thread] [month] | Mozur Matt (4) | docbook | did you modify the catalog file to point to the stylesheets? Like this: PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook Print Stylesheet//EN" <path>/docbook.dsl where path is relative to the location of the catlog file or a full pathname > -----Original Message----- > From: Brenda |
| 3 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Using DocBook for a API documentation [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / maarten de boer <[email protected]> was heard to say: | > | * generate an index of all functions | > | > This is a processing expectation. The documents themselves | > are just the data, you can write tools (stylesheets, programs, | > whatever you want to call them) to |
| 3 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: Announce: New XSL/DSSSL Stylesheets [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | In what I'm sure will turn out, in retrospect, to appear as a fit of lunacy, I decided to make a bunch of new releases on the eve of my departure for XML'99 in Philadelphia. >From http://nwalsh.com/ * Released Modular DocBook Stylesheets version 1.48 (1.47 never got released) |
| 3 Dec 1999 | XML Conformance Meeting [thread] [month] | Mary Brady (2) | xmlconf | Hi Everyone, I have not yet received room confirmation for the XML conformance meeting. I have asked for a room on Tuesday, for one hour, anytime between 4-8. When I receive confirmation, I will send e-mail. I will also post it on the BOF board. Check the board for an |
| 4 Dec 1999 | Re: object-class and property in 11179 [thread] [month] | rschuldt (2) | regrep | Regrep Team, As promised in Friday's call, the following are the 17 properties that the Department of Defense mandates for all information systems that support DoD's processes. Within DoD, the properties are referred to as "class words" and are explicitly defined in DoD 8320.1-M |
| 6 Dec 1999 | Conference Call Today [thread] [month] | Paul R. Levine (5) | ebxml-bp | Business Process Methodology Working Group Our teleconference call this week is today, Monday 6 Dec. from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time. To access the call, please dial +1 732 336-6000, followed by a PIN of 8327# at the prompt. Report of last week's call is attache |
| 6 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: how to convert DocBook files to PS files? [thread] [month] | Chang Liu (3) | docbook | hello, I use sgmltools 2.0 to convert my DocBook document to HTML files. However, I wasn't able to convert my file to PS format using sgmltools. jadetex, which is called by sgmltools, reported "capacity exceeded". This error happened even when I process the smallest DocBook f |
| 6 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook installation problems. [thread] [month] | Stephane Bortzmeyer (3) | docbook | On Friday 3 December 1999, at 10 h 48, the keyboard of Mozur Matt <[email protected]> wrote: > did you modify the catalog file to point to the stylesheets? Like this: No, not to the stylesheet, to the DTD of stylesheets. > PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocB |
| 6 Dec 1999 | Re: Conference Call Today [thread] [month] | Marcia L. McLure Ph.D. (2) | ebxml-bp | Business Process Methodology Working Group members, The candidate questions identified in Paul's write-up accurately reflect the list we created during our initial teleconference call. I did not receive any additional survey items over the week-end. But if there are any additi |
| 6 Dec 1999 | Re: Conference Call Today [thread] [month] | Marcia L. McLure Ph.D. (2) | ebxml-bp | Business Process Methodology Working Group members, The candidate questions identified in Pauls' write-up accurately reflect the list we created during our initial teleconference call. I did not receive any additional survey items over the week-end. But if there are any additi |
| 6 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: how to convert DocBook files to PS files? [thread] [month] | Matt Mozur | docbook | You need to modify texmf.cnf to increase memory allocations. I use the following, but I'm sure there are other configurations that wil work. main_memory.hugelatex = 2500000 hash_extra.hugelatex = 25000 hash_extra.pdfjadtex = 50000 hash_extra.jadetex = 25000 pool_size.hugelatex |
| 6 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: how to convert DocBook files to PS files? [thread] [month] | Bob Van Valzah (3) | docbook | JadeTeX uses quite a lot of TeX's resources. You may find it necessary to increase the size of some of TeX's resource pools by editing the file /usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf with any text editor. For example, to typeset the FreeBSD Handbook with JadeTeX, change the fol |
| 6 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: how to convert DocBook files to PS files? [thread] [month] | Ramin Miraftabi | docbook | * Chang Liu ([email protected]) [991206]:%y37Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 11:34:58PM -0800]: > hello, > > I use sgmltools 2.0 to convert my DocBook document to HTML files. For SGMLtools problems, I would suggest sending the message to its list. For a solution to your problem, see: http: |
| 6 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: Copyright in Chunked Header/Footer? [thread] [month] | Bob Van Valzah (3) | docbook | I'm using DocBook 3.1 and Norm's Modular stylesheets to format a book into chunked HTML output with Jade. I'd like the book's copyright to appear on each web page in the header or footer. I've figured out how to say things like: (define %output-dir% "../htdocs/book") but t |
| 6 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: how to write Bibliography? [thread] [month] | Chang Liu (3) | docbook | Hello, I'm using DocBook V1.0.2 to write my dissertation. I can't seem to find a good way to organize bibliography. In particular, does any one know if there's a way to add references like "<Tag id="fixed_pointer">[1] ..." or "<Tag id="Liu1999">[Liu1999] ..." and refer to they i |
| 6 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: how to convert DocBook files to PS files? [thread] [month] | Adam Di Carlo (5) | docbook | Chang Liu <[email protected]> writes: > ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pool size=18205]. Increase your pool size settings for jadetex. Debian ships with the following texmf.cnf settings, which should work for you in most cases. -- .....Adam Di [email protected].....<U |
| 6 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Announce: New XSL/DSSSL Stylesheets [thread] [month] | Adam Di Carlo (5) | docbook | Norman Walsh <[email protected]> writes: > In what I'm sure will turn out, in retrospect, to appear as a > fit of lunacy, I decided to make a bunch of new releases on the > eve of my departure for XML'99 in Philadelphia. > > >From http://nwalsh.com/ > > * Released Modular DocBook |
| 7 Dec 1999 | Re: Conference Call Today [thread] [month] | William French | ebxml-bp | Paul, I apologize for missing today's conference call. I home ill today. I do plan to attend next weeks meeting. thanks, Bill |
| 7 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: multiple lang in one sgml source file [thread] [month] | Yasushi Shoji (3) | docbook | hi all I'm writing a document in two language, Japanese and English. Is there a way to have both language in one docbook source file? and pick a language at the conversion time with jade? eg. <chapter> <para lang="ja">some japanese paragraph...</para> <para lang="en">The trans |
| 7 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: how to convert DocBook files to PS files? [thread] [month] | Sean Kelly (3) | docbook | > Using the settings given below, I've successfully produced 100+ pages > of PostScript with 30 EPS figures and not bumped into any limits. Likewise: I've produced well-cross-referenced documents with hundreds of pages using those settings, though with not quite as many figures. |
| 7 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: [DSSSL stylesheets] problems in print/dbttlpg.dsl [thread] [month] | Adam Di Carlo (5) | docbook | In print/dbttlpg.dsl, line 165, we read: (define (book-titlepage-modespec node side) (book-titlepage-element node side)) (define (book-titlepage-modespec node side) (book-titlepage-element node side)) This is redundant, and causes jade to complain! -- .....Adam Di Carlo.. |
| 7 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: [DSSSL stylesheets] problems in print/dbttlpg.dsl [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / Adam Di Carlo <[email protected]> was heard to say: | In print/dbttlpg.dsl, line 165, we read: | | (define (book-titlepage-modespec node side) | (book-titlepage-element node side)) | (define (book-titlepage-modespec node side) | (book-titlepage-element node side)) | | This |
| 7 Dec 1999 | test [thread] [month] | Danh Dang (5) | ebxml-architecture | test -------------------- Danh Dang Unicomp Technologies [email protected] |
| 8 Dec 1999 | Welcome to the OASIS Office Document TC Mailing List [thread] [month] | Murray Altheim (3) | officedoc | Hi everyone, Welcome! We don't officially have a committee yet, but we do have a meeting room at XML '99 in Philadelphia on Thursday, December 9th, from 9am to 4pm (see below). I'm not sure if we'll need that entire amount of time, but it's nice that it's available if we do. |
| 8 Dec 1999 | Regrep 3 Dec conf call minutes [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | regrep | OASIS Regrep TC Conference Call Friday 3 December 1999 Agenda - discuss agenda, new items - review revisions to tech spec; - review revised THTTP - reminder of next face-to-face, in Philadelphia - new items - adjourn Joe Alfonso, Sun Terry Allen, Commerce One Lisa Carnah |
| 9 Dec 1999 | Has anything happened with ebXML Architecture yet? [thread] [month] | ebxml-architecture | Hi, Has anything happened with ebXML Architecture since the San Jose kickoff......? Thanks, Scott R. Hinkelman IBM Austin Architecture and Development, Industry XML/Java Standards Office: 512-823-8097 TL793-8097 Home: 512-930-5675 Cell: 512-940-0519 [email protected] Fax: 512-838-1 | |
| 9 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: Doc version number [thread] [month] | Mozur Matt (4) | docbook | Hi, I'd like to have the current revision or version number of my document appear automatically in my HTML or PS output, preferrably somewhere in the title page. Is there a way to do this with the "stock" DSSSL stylesheets? Thanks, Matt |
| 9 Dec 1999 | RE: Has anything happened with ebXML Architecture yet? [thread] [month] | David RR Webber | ebxml-architecture | Message text written by INTERNET:[email protected] > Hi, Has anything happened with ebXML Architecture since the San Jose kickoff......? Thanks, Scott R. Hinkelman IBM Austin Architecture and Development, Industry XML/Java Standards Office: 512-823-8097 TL793-8097 Home: 512-930-56 |
| 9 Dec 1999 | ebXML - Education Awareness and Propaganda [thread] [month] | William J. Kammerer | ebxml-awareness | Ann: Got your phone call. Thanks for the note that the updates have been made to the http://www.ebxml.org/ site. Will give you a call when I get a chance, but I think it would be best if we maintain a permanent transcript of anything discussed by simply using the 'ebxml-awarene |
| 9 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: [DSSSL Stylesheets] more nitpicks with the print parameters [thread] [month] | Adam Di Carlo (5) | docbook | I don't understand why %title-font-family% is set to Ariel (a windows font, btw) and %body-font-family% is set to Times New Roman. I think it should be: (define %title-font-family% %body-font-family%) I don't understand why the %body-start-indent% is set either. IMHO, it sh |
| 9 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Doc version number [thread] [month] | Yasushi Shoji (3) | docbook | From: Mozur Matt <[email protected]> Subject: DOCBOOK: Doc version number Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 12:17:51 -0500 > I'd like to have the current revision or version number > of my document appear automatically in my HTML or > PS output, preferrably somewhere in the ti |
| 9 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook installation problems. [thread] [month] | maarten de boer (3) | docbook | Hi, I am not sure if this will solve your problem, but I just installed the DocBook 3.1 DTD and the DocBook 1.4.8 style sheets, I tried to follow the installation instructions, but in the end this is how I did it. I don't pretend this is how it should be, but it worked for me, |
| 10 Dec 1999 | RE: DOCBOOK: Doc version number [thread] [month] | Yasushi Shoji (3) | docbook | From: Mozur Matt <[email protected]> Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: Doc version number Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 15:44:31 -0500 > In short, I guess I am saying that I would like to have the current > document revision in the meta-information for the book, and I would > like th |
| 10 Dec 1999 | Conference Call Report [thread] [month] | Paul R. Levine (5) | ebxml-bp | Business Process Methodology Working Group The meeting report of the Business Process Methodology Working Group teleconferrence call held on 6 Dec. is attached. Our next teleconference call will be on Monday 13 Dec. from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time. To access the |
| 10 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: Help needed: TeX capacity exceeded [thread] [month] | maarten de boer (3) | docbook | Hi, I am trying to generate documentation in html and dvi format. html works fine, but with dvi I run into a serious problem. I really need this to work soon, so any help with be greatly appreciated. If you want, I can send you the source file. I use jade version: $ jade -v jad |
| 10 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: Illustrations list [thread] [month] | Nicolas Mailhot (2) | docbook | Hello everybody, I've been trying to make an illustration list, much like the table list that appears at the beginning of a book. So far I've failed to locate the relevant parametter. Do anyone of you knows how to do this ? -- Nicolas |
| 10 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Doc version number [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / Mozur Matt <[email protected]> was heard to say: | I'd like to have the current revision or version number | of my document appear automatically in my HTML or | PS output, preferrably somewhere in the title page. | | Is there a way to do this with the "stock" DSSS |
| 10 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: Re: [DSSSL Stylesheets] more nitpicks with the print parameters [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / Adam Di Carlo <[email protected]> was heard to say: [...] | | Thoughts? Many of the existing settings are historical and go all the way back to the previous maintainer. I long ago gave up on making aesthetic stylesheet changes. There are just too many people using them. My gu |
| 10 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Help needed: TeX capacity exceeded [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | | Jade gave me some errors: | jade:/usr/lib/sgml/docbook/print/dbttlpg.dsl:1618:36:E: identifier | "book-titlepage-modespec" already defined in same part Right. Bug on my part. Patch in a few days. | So I removed the second definition of book-titlepage-modespec and added | one |
| 10 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Illustrations list [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / Nicolas Mailhot <[email protected]> was heard to say: | I've been trying to make an illustration list, much like | the table list that appears at the beginning of a book. So | far I've failed to locate the relevant parametter. Do anyone | of you knows how to do this ? Wha |
| 10 Dec 1999 | RE: DOCBOOK: Illustrations list [thread] [month] | Dombrowski, James | docbook | It's created in your output processing (DSSSL, FOSI, or whatever). jd -----Original Message----- From: Nicolas Mailhot [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Friday, December 10, 1999 7:13 AM To: [email protected] Subject: DOCBOOK: Illustrations list Hello everybody, |
| 10 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Help needed: TeX capacity exceeded [thread] [month] | Fgon Rchmid | docbook | maarten de boer wrote: > (sms_manual.aux) (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/ts1cmr.fd) > (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/ot2cyr/ot2wncyr.fd) > (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/t1phv.fd) [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] > [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] > ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry |
| 12 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Doc version number [thread] [month] | Matt Mozur (4) | docbook | Norman Walsh wrote: > No, it appears that none of the appropriate "version" fields appear > in the titlepages by default. You can fix this in a customization > layer by adding perhaps <revision> or <revnumber> to the list of > published fields. > Thanks, that does the trick ... |
| 12 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: callout graphics directory ? [thread] [month] | Matt Mozur (4) | docbook | In html/dbparam.dsl: (define %callout-graphics-path% ;; REFENTRY callout-graphics-path ;; PURP Path to callout graphics ;; DESC ;; Sets the path, probably relative to the directory where the HTML ;; files are created, to the callout graphics. ;; /DESC ;; AUTHOR N/A |
| 12 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: recursive table? [thread] [month] | Chang Liu (3) | docbook | Hello, Is there a way to embed a table within another table in DocBook? In HTML, tables can appear in a cell of other tables. I tried to do the same thing in DocBook but can't pass the compiler. Is this feature supported? Thanks, Chang Liu |
| 12 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: Building jadetex... [thread] [month] | Gilles Lamiral (3) | docbook | Hello, I didn't succeed in building jadetex-2.7. So I tried to use The Jadetex package on the The Debian slink. The installation process gave me a process command line that didn't succeed too. Here is the building jadetex-2.7 failure: ========================================== |
| 12 Dec 1999 | Re: ebXML - Education Awareness and Propaganda [thread] [month] | ebxml-awareness | William What a great suggestion. I will be subscribing after I complete this note. Is that our new name..the propoganda committee? Let's see if we live up to it. Other team members, Now that we have our charts posted, it is time for some real work...so much for the vacation si | |
| 12 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Building jadetex... [thread] [month] | Sean Kelly (3) | docbook | Gilles Lamiral wrote: > This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (C version 6.1) > ! I can't find file `-ini'. I haven't kept up with TeX too well recently, but my version, which appears as "TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2c 7.1)" does recognize the -ini parameter. Did you install your own vers |
| 13 Dec 1999 | RE: ebXML - Education Awareness and Propaganda [thread] [month] | Rachel Foerster | ebxml-awareness | Ann, et al, Re Laura Walker's request I've already established contacts for Carol Geyer from OASIS to a few key health industry and other supply chain trade publications, both print and Internet. As a matter of fact, the first such article resulting from this contact just appear |
| 13 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: JadeTex question. [thread] [month] | Brendan Simon (3) | docbook | I have compiled openjade-1.2.2 and the demos work fine. (eg. converting to rtf and tex etc). The DocBook scripts use jadetex to convert tex to ps, pdf, dvi, etc. I thought I read somewhere that openjade comes with jadetex but this does not appear to be the case (I probably misr |
| 13 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: Customizing title page [thread] [month] | Bek Oberin (2) | docbook | Using DocBook/nwalsh's stylesheets and the "book" format, how do I customize the title page? I want to include our company logo up the top. bekj -- : --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick-- : [email protected] http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Building jadetex... [thread] [month] | Stephane Bortzmeyer (9) | docbook | On Sun, Dec 12, 1999 at 04:38:11AM +0100, Gilles Lamiral wrote: > So I tried to use The Jadetex package on the The Debian slink. The jadetex originally shipped with Debian 'slink' was completely broken. 'slink' has been updated since (there are updates of the stable version for |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Building jadetex... [thread] [month] | Gilles Lamiral (3) | docbook | Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote: > so your CD-ROM may be out of date. I've just upgraded from a hamm version :-) > Be sure you have at least version 2.2-1 or download > it from: http://www.debian.org/Packages/stable/tex/jadetex.html debianutils (>= 1.7) Miscellaneous utilities spe |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Illustrations list [thread] [month] | @icolas [ailhot | docbook | Norman Walsh a 嶰rit : > > / Nicolas Mailhot <[email protected]> was heard to say: > | I've been trying to make an illustration list, much like > | the table list that appears at the beginning of a book. So > | far I've failed to locate the relevant parametter. Do anyon |
| 13 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: Equation Enhancement Idea - Wishlist? [thread] [month] | docbook | As I understand it equations in DocBook are actually just graphics. This is a lowest common denominator. Would it be possible at some time in the future to allow equations in MathML. I know the tools are not really mature yet, but it would allow the "equation-ness" to be retaine | |
| 13 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: conversions [thread] [month] | Christian v. Mueffling | docbook | Hello! I hope it's not too offtopic for this mailing list ... Actually i'm looking for something, that makes live easier when writing documentations in html and manual page format. Now i found SGML and DocBook and it sounds very well. One source, different outputs, really grea |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Equation Enhancement Idea - Wishlist? [thread] [month] | Jan Scheffczyk (2) | docbook | ----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Monday, December 13, 1999 12:11 PM Subject: DOCBOOK: Equation Enhancement Idea - Wishlist? > As I understand it equations in DocBook are actually just graphics. This is > a l |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: JadeTex question. [thread] [month] | Jan Scheffczyk (2) | docbook | ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brendan Simon" <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Sunday, December 12, 1999 10:30 PM Subject: DOCBOOK: JadeTex question. > I have compiled openjade-1.2.2 and the demos work fine. (eg. converting to > rtf and tex etc) |
| 13 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: 2 docbook lists [thread] [month] | maarten de boer (3) | docbook | Hi, I am a bit confused about the existence of two aparently unrelated DocBook mailing lists. Is there a good reason to have two seperate lists or would it be interesting to merge them ? I don't want to crosspost... Maarten |
| 13 Dec 1999 | RE: DOCBOOK: Customizing title page [thread] [month] | Mozur Matt (4) | docbook | Just include a mediaobject with your logo in the bookinfo section. > -----Original Message----- > From: Bek Oberin [SMTP:[email protected]] > Sent: Sunday, December 12, 1999 6:18 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: DOCBOOK: Customizing title page > > Using Do |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Building jadetex... [thread] [month] | Stephane Bortzmeyer (9) | docbook | On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 05:50:37AM +0100, Gilles Lamiral wrote: > I've just upgraded from a hamm version :-) With an old CD-ROM, probably (the FTP servers have an up-to-date jadetex). > > Be sure you have at least version 2.2-1 or download > > it from: http://www.debian.org/Pa |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: JadeTex question. [thread] [month] | Stephane Bortzmeyer (9) | docbook | On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 08:30:29AM +1100, Brendan Simon wrote: > Is jadetex necessary ? To process the TeX output of Jade, yes. > Can standard tex (tetex, ntex, etc) be used instead ? jadetex is a set of TeX macros (like LaTeX). You need them. |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Illustrations list [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | | Is there a way to specify I want my figures and their titles | on the same page ? I'm using stock redhat linux docbook | tools (dockbook, stylesheets, jade and jadetex) The stylesheets already request that the title and the object be kept together. It's a JadeTeX bug that they |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: recursive table? [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / Chang Liu <[email protected]> was heard to say: | Is there a way to embed a table within another table in DocBook? | In HTML, tables can appear in a cell of other tables. I tried to | do the same thing in DocBook but can't pass the compiler. Is | this feature supported? No. It i |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: 2 docbook lists [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / maarten de boer <[email protected]> was heard to say: | I am a bit confused about the existence of two | aparently unrelated DocBook mailing lists. | Is there a good reason to have two seperate | lists or would it be interesting to merge | them ? I wish there were only two :- |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: JadeTex question. [thread] [month] | Sean Kelly (3) | docbook | Brendan Simon wrote: > Is jadetex necessary ? > Can standard tex (tetex, ntex, etc) be used instead ? You need both. Standard tex provides the low level formatting engine, and jadetex the formatting instructions to drive it. Think of jadetex at being at the same level as the A |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: 2 docbook lists [thread] [month] | Fred L. Drake, Jr. | docbook | Norman Walsh writes: > My general feeling is that any new list is just another new list > I have to watch, and so I'd really prefer to consolidate. OTOH, > if you're not interested in formatting or stylesheets, there's > been an increasing volume of traffic about them on this |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Conference Call Agenda [thread] [month] | Paul R. Levine (5) | ebxml-bp | Business Process Methodology Working Group Here's a quick agenda for today's call. Continue work on Business and Functional Requirements as input to the Requirements Working Group Glossary items: functional requirement, non-functional requirement, vertical D |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: conversions [thread] [month] | Stephane Bortzmeyer (9) | docbook | On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 12:53:46PM +0100, Christian v. Mueffling wrote: > 1. The html output has to be in one big file, not in 20 different > (every section seems to be in an extra file). Did you read the documentation of the Modular Stylesheets? It is available on <http://w |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: callout graphics directory ? [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / Matt Mozur <[email protected]> was heard to say: | directory each time it is run. Maybe the default for | %callout-graphics-path% should be "../images/callout"? That | would be consistent with the default value%admon-graphics-path%, | which is "../images/" Yes, certain |
| 13 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: recursive table? [thread] [month] | David L. Hintz (2) | docbook | The only thing that DocBook "explicitly prevents" is inserting a table element within a table. You can embed a table within another table by creating your own "embedded table" element. Of course, as with any tag you create, it's up to you to worry about the formatting (which |
| 13 Dec 1999 | ebXML [thread] [month] | Duane Nickull (2) | ebxml-architecture | Hello All: I am back from my trip to XML 99 and the "analyst tour 99". Things are progressing with our ebXML framework and I look forward to receiving an official list of requirements from that Committee. Here are some points that I am pondering in the meantime: 1. Security - |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Web page? [thread] [month] | Alex Zamfirescu | ebxml-architecture | Dear XML Architects: Who knows why the information at http://www.ebxml.com/technical_architecture.htm is not available yet? All the other groups have their home pages updated. Who has to put ours together? Regards, Alex Zamfirescu |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Customizing title page [thread] [month] | Bek Oberin (2) | docbook | Mozur Matt wrote: > Bek: > > Using DocBook/nwalsh's stylesheets and the "book" format, > > how do I customize the title page? > > I want to include our company logo up the top. > Just include a mediaobject with your logo in the bookinfo section. I'm a newbie and that doesn't mak |
| 14 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: JadeTex tools. [thread] [month] | Brendan Simon (3) | docbook | Anyone know where I can find the master site for the JadeTex macros ? How does one install them ? I am also looking for the openjade site. I have got an openjade-1.2.2.tgz source file but I can't remember where I got it from. Thanks, Brendan Simon. |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Illustrations list [thread] [month] | Stephane Bortzmeyer (9) | docbook | On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 10:56:05AM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote: > | Is there a way to specify I want my figures and their titles ... > The stylesheets already request that the title and the object be > kept together. It's a JadeTeX bug that they float apart. Sorry. I have this pr |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Customizing title page [thread] [month] | Matt Mozur (4) | docbook | Oops, my mistake... in the title page you can only use a Graphic element. Here is an example: <!doctype book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN"> <book> <bookinfo> <graphic fileref="../images/example.gif"></graphic> <title>The Book</title> ... |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: 2 docbook lists [thread] [month] | Stephane Bortzmeyer (9) | docbook | On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 03:30:43PM +0100, maarten de boer wrote: > I am a bit confused about the existence of two > aparently unrelated DocBook mailing lists. One is for discussing the DTD itself and one for a specific set of tools, that is not used by everybody. > Is there a |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: 2 docbook lists [thread] [month] | Stephane Bortzmeyer (9) | docbook | On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 11:01:39AM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote: > I wish there were only two :-) There are at least seven places > that I try to watch for DocBook questions: > > - [email protected] General discussion on the DTD itself > - docbook-tools-discuss@source |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: JadeTex tools. [thread] [month] | Stephane Bortzmeyer (9) | docbook | [The solution to all the questions about SGML is in <http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/>.] On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 11:21:53AM +1100, Brendan Simon wrote: > Anyone know where I can find the master site for the JadeTex macros ? http://www.tug.org/applications/jadetex/ > How does |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Customizing title page [thread] [month] | Nicolas Mailhot (2) | docbook | > Mozur Matt wrote: > > Bek: > > > Using DocBook/nwalsh's stylesheets and the "book" format, > > > how do I customize the title page? > > > I want to include our company logo up the top. > > Just include a mediaobject with your logo in the bookinfo section. By the way, I tried t |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Customizing title page [thread] [month] | docbook | Mozur Matt wrote: >Just include a mediaobject with your logo in the bookinfo section. That doesn't give us anything in our print output, though, only in the HTML. We're generating our print output via jade and pdfjadetex, using nwalsh stylesheets v1.45. K. -- Kirrily 'Skud' | |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: 2 docbook lists [thread] [month] | @icolas [ailhot | docbook | Norman Walsh a 嶰rit : > > / maarten de boer <[email protected]> was heard to say: > | I am a bit confused about the existence of two > | aparently unrelated DocBook mailing lists. > | Is there a good reason to have two seperate > | lists or would it be interesting to merge > | t |
| 14 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: how to "compile" the documentation. [thread] [month] | ZioBudda (2) | docbook | Hi, I have gone to http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/reference/ and i ahve get the source of the book (2 file: a .sgm and a .ref). But when I go to do: jade -t tex fulltext.sgml I receive only error. Why? Where is my error? Does some can give me the .ps version pls |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Customizing title page [thread] [month] | Stephane Bortzmeyer (9) | docbook | On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 10:58:04AM +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote: > (this is the _only_ graphic in my doc, figures are > mediaobjects). The only problem is it doesn't play well with > html formatting since most browsers can not display eps > files. The trick I use is the followi |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: Web page? [thread] [month] | Duane Nickull (2) | ebxml-architecture | Alex: I have requested this on several occassions. The pages are temporarily stored on our own server at: http://www.goxml.com/xmlsite/index.htm I have posted another request to the oasis webmaster. Duane Nickull Alex Zamfirescu wrote: > > Dear XML Architects: > > Who kno |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Customizing title page [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / Matt Mozur <[email protected]> was heard to say: | Oops, my mistake... in the title page you can only use a | Graphic element. Here is an example: That's not true in DocBook 3.1. It was true in some early versions of my XML version of DocBk XML, but I fixed it there, t |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Customizing title page [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / Nicolas Mailhot <[email protected]> was heard to say: | > Mozur Matt wrote: | > > Bek: | > > > Using DocBook/nwalsh's stylesheets and the "book" format, | > > > how do I customize the title page? | > > > I want to include our company logo up the top. | > > Just include a me |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: recursive table? [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / "David L. Hintz" <[email protected]> was heard to say: | The only thing that DocBook "explicitly prevents" is inserting a table | element within a table. You can embed a table within another table by | creating your own "embedded table" element. Of course, as with any t |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: 2 docbook lists [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / "Fred L. Drake, Jr." <[email protected]> was heard to say: | biggest interest. You could simply ignore some of the lists (at least | for DocBook content), and then let that be known. People who care | enough will seek out an appropriate forum. Oh, I'm not much concerned about |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: 2 docbook lists [thread] [month] | @orman Valsh | docbook | / Nicolas Mailhot <[email protected]> was heard to say: | Norman Walsh a 嶰rit : | > | > / maarten de boer <[email protected]> was heard to say: | > | I am a bit confused about the existence of two | > | aparently unrelated DocBook mailing lists. | > | Is there a good reason |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: how to "compile" the documentation. [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / ZioBudda <[email protected]> was heard to say: | Hi, I have gone to | http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/reference/ and i ahve get | the source of the book (2 file: a .sgm and a .ref). But when I go to do: | jade -t tex fulltext.sgml | I receive only error. W |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Equation Enhancement Idea - Wishlist? [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / [email protected] was heard to say: | As I understand it equations in DocBook are actually just graphics. This is | a lowest common denominator. Would it be possible at some time in the future | to allow equations in MathML. I know the tools are not really mature yet, |
| 14 Dec 1999 | RE: ebXML [thread] [month] | Bob Miller | ebxml-architecture | I would certainly expect security to be a topic covered in the Business Requirements, but the point Duane raises might not be one the Business folks would think to raise. Both X12 and EDIFACT provide substantial security capabilities which will be difficult if not impossible t |
| 14 Dec 1999 | DocBook V4.0beta1 [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (8) | docbook-tc | Attached, for your approval, is DocBook V4.0beta1. If no one notices anything glaringly wrong in the next few days, I'll make this available to the world at large. (This is the SGML version; I've also got an equivalent XML version, but it'll take longer to get all the comments cl |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DocBook V4.0beta1 [thread] [month] | Eve L. Maler (2) | docbook-tc | Were all the things mentioned in 40issues.txt done? Should the items in 50issues.txt be official RFEs instead (or already they already)? It seems odd, now that we've got the RFE mechanism, to have these *issues.txt files. Also, probably the 31chg.txt file can be removed fro |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: DocBook V4.0beta1 [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (8) | docbook-tc | / "Eve L. Maler" <[email protected]> was heard to say: | Were all the things mentioned in 40issues.txt done? Should the items in | 50issues.txt be official RFEs instead (or already they already)? It seems I should double check. They ought to be RFEs. | odd, now that we've go |
| 14 Dec 1999 | OASIS MEMBER NEWS: Chrystal Software Announces Content Management on Sun[TM] Solaris [TM] Operating Environment Clients [thread] [month] | Laura Walker (4) | announce | From: Nancy Mumford <[email protected]> To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]> Subject: News from Chrystal Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:47:34 -0800 Chrystal Software Announces Content Management on Sun[TM] Solaris [TM] Operating Environment Clients Cross- |
| 14 Dec 1999 | minutes [thread] [month] | Eduardo Gutentag | docbook-tc | Please take a look at the minutes for approval. Let me know if you find something glaringly erroneous (I think I figured out issue 70). |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: minutes [thread] [month] | Eve L. Maler (2) | docbook-tc | We were also joined on the second day by Murray A. Otherwise, looks good... At 01:05 PM 12/14/99 -0800, Eduardo Gutentag wrote: >Please take a look at the minutes for approval. Let me know if you find >something glaringly erroneous (I think I figured out issue 70) -- Eve Maler |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: minutes [thread] [month] | Michael Sabrio (3) | docbook-tc | Sunthar's company should be 'Pearson': > <LI><P>Sunthar Visuvalingam, InformIT, Perason Education</P> By the way, I found http://www.pearsoneducation.com/ (these guys own a ton of companies you've heard of!), but can someone remind me of the URL Sunthar recommended we look at |
| 14 Dec 1999 | Re: minutes [thread] [month] | Murray Altheim (3) | docbook-tc | "Eve L. Maler" wrote: > > We were also joined on the second day by Murray A. Otherwise, looks good... > > At 01:05 PM 12/14/99 -0800, Eduardo Gutentag wrote: > >Please take a look at the minutes for approval. Let me know if you find > >something glaringly erroneous (I think I |
| 15 Dec 1999 | Is this thing going? [thread] [month] | Petit, John | ebxml-architecture | Is this an active list. I have heard nothing from the team Cheers, John Petit KPMG XMLfs Team Office: 970 728 9468 Mobile: 312 961 8956 ***************************************************************************** The information in this email is confidential and may be legall |
| 15 Dec 1999 | RE: DOCBOOK: Customizing title page [thread] [month] | Mozur Matt (4) | docbook | I'm confused... I thought the reason mediaobjects didn't work on the title page was the fact that the stylesheets didn't have mediaobject in the list of elements for the title page. Do you mean that DocBook 3.0 (which I never actually used 'cause I am also new to DocBook) di |
| 15 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: how to "compile" the documentation. [thread] [month] | Rylvan Qavinet | docbook | Hi Norm and folks, Norman Walsh wrote: > I haven't (yet, it's on my list) posted a "formattable" version of > the book sources. At the moment, the sources are for example rather > than publishing. I'm planning to fix that. I would surely look through each part of the sources if |
| 15 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Building jadetex... [thread] [month] | Gilles Lamiral (3) | docbook | Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote: > Check the jadetex package, > install 2.2-1 if it's not there and the hell with the rest. I've done all that job (before posting my first message, in fact). I've reinstalled every package with apt-get. The install process was not completely successfu |
| 15 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Customizing title page [thread] [month] | Matt Mozur (4) | docbook | Kirrily 'Skud' Robert wrote: > > That doesn't give us anything in our print output, though, only in the > HTML. We're generating our print output via jade and pdfjadetex, using > nwalsh stylesheets v1.45. > I gave it a try when i got home tonight... generating PostScript went |
| 15 Dec 1999 | Re: minutes [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (8) | docbook-tc | / Michael Sabrio <[email protected]> was heard to say: | By the way, I found http://www.pearsoneducation.com/ (these guys own | a ton of companies you've heard of!), but can someone remind me of the Amazing, isn't it? | URL Sunthar recommended we look at? He had it written on his |
| 15 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Customizing title page [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (21) | docbook | / Mozur Matt <[email protected]> was heard to say: | I'm confused... I thought the reason mediaobjects didn't | work on the title page was the fact that the stylesheets | didn't have mediaobject in the list of elements for the | title page. That's correct (and has |
| 15 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: recursive table? [thread] [month] | David L. Hintz (2) | docbook | If only it were so simple! Unfortunately, we are tied to commercial products that don't allow embedded tables of certain table models (CALS, for one). So, to embed a table in ADEPT*Editor, for example, you must create a different element. At 01:27 PM 12/14/1999 -0500, you w |
| 15 Dec 1999 | Re: minutes [thread] [month] | Michael Sabrio (3) | docbook-tc | Norm, Thanks for the informit.com URL. I was hoping there was a way to get a complete list of where IndexTerms will no longer be allowed, but I see how that could be, er, difficult to construct. I don't think the comparison with 4.0//EN//XML will help. What I'd like, I guess, |
| 15 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Customizing title page [thread] [month] | Karlheinz Eckmeier 46372 | docbook | On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 12:12:43AM -0500, Matt Mozur wrote: > Kirrily 'Skud' Robert wrote: > > > > That doesn't give us anything in our print output, though, only in the > > HTML. We're generating our print output via jade and pdfjadetex, using > > nwalsh stylesheets v1.45. > > |
| 15 Dec 1999 | Re: minutes [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (8) | docbook-tc | / Michael Sabrio <[email protected]> was heard to say: | I don't think the comparison with 4.0//EN//XML will help. What I'd like, | I guess, is 4.0//EN//XML with 4.0//EN//SGML, but that's what's hard. I'm not sure I understand. You're going to get a 4.0//EN (you have beta1 now :-) |
| 15 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: LegalNotice in Chunked HTML Navigation [thread] [month] | Bob Van Valzah (3) | docbook | Can anybody give a hand understanding how to customize the HTML stylesheet so that it produces a copyright message in the chunked navigation header or footer? Ideally, it'd also be a link to LegalNotice. Some of the mechanism already seems to be present in dbnavig.dsl around lin |
| 16 Dec 1999 | Re: DocBook V4.0beta1 [thread] [month] | Terry Allen (33) | docbook-tc | Eve wrote: === It seems odd, now that we've got the RFE mechanism, to have these *issues.txt files. === For folks who have access to the RFE site, the issues files are not useful except as snapshots. But not everyone does, all of the time, so I think it's useful to supply snap |
| 16 Dec 1999 | Dec. 13 Conference Call Report [thread] [month] | Paul R. Levine (5) | ebxml-bp | Business Process Methodology Working Group The meeting report of the Business Process Methodology Working Group teleconferrence call held on 13 Dec. is attached. Our next teleconference call will be on Monday 20 Dec. from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time. To access th |
| 16 Dec 1999 | DOCBOOK: On using international support in DocBook [thread] [month] | Xenitellis S | docbook | Hello All, I have been trying today to enable/add Greek support to DocBook. I read the FAQ at www.docbook.org <http://www.docbook.org> and followed the instruction to translate the messages in the local language. I enable the local language with "<book lang="el">. I tried "db2 |
| 16 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Building jadetex... [thread] [month] | Adam Di Carlo (5) | docbook | Gilles Lamiral <[email protected]> writes: > I've done all that job (before posting my first message, in fact). > I've reinstalled every package with apt-get. The install process > was not completely successful. I've succeeded in building "latex.fmt" > and "jadetex.fmt", bu |
| 16 Dec 1999 | Re: DOCBOOK: Building jadetex... [thread] [month] | Thomas Andre Berger | docbook | Gilles Lamiral <[email protected]> writes: > I've succeeded in building "latex.fmt" and "jadetex.fmt", but they > are in the building directory (~root :-) I need to place them in the > TeX hierarchy, but where ? I have installed them in the .../teTeX/texmf/web2c/ direct |
| 16 Dec 1999 | Re: DocBook V4.0beta1 [thread] [month] | Norman Walsh (8) | docbook-tc | / Terry Allen <[email protected]> was heard to say: | But how about we make them a real snapshot of the RFE database? | How would we mark them up (Article Class="RFEs")? That's my plan. That's why I added several new ones yesterday. Cheers |