Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: "Rick Jelliffe" <email@example.com>
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 04:18:11 +1100
From: Simon St.Laurent <email@example.com>
>This thread(s) has proven more capable of shifting subjects than any
>seen in a while ...
Can I try to shift it back to a vital question asked earlier, but not
What is a good database for XML?
The criteria are:
* over 20, 000, 000 document fragments, each less than 256
characters, each with some flat metadata, able to be incrementally
reloaded onto the live system
* about simultaneous 30 users accessing about 10 fragments a minute
each, grouped together (along with other dynamic data) and transformed,
with a high need for immediate response
* constant data-mining tools using various adhoc AI and linguitic
retrieval software augmenting the metadata in the background.
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:email@example.com)