   Fw: Streaming XML

  • From: "Oren Ben-Kiki" <oren@capella.co.il>
  • To: "XML List" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:32:14 +0200

Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com> wrote:
>True - and to be pedantic, ^C (&#03;) is probably a better choice,
>since its name is ETX, for End-of-text, and it was actually defined
>for this kind of use.  It's in Unicode too, but, just like ^L, not
>in XML.  -Tim

^C is inconvenient because typing it by hand causes an interrupt on popular
operating systems. We have a test harness program which takes a mixture of
commands and XML as input, and which is often run manually. We use ^L to
separate between XML "documents" and find it very convenient. As a side
benefit, printing input scripts starts each XML document on a separate page
:-)

Share & Enjoy,

    Oren Ben-Kiki

(un)subscribe xml-dev