   Re: SGML, XML and SML

  • From: Sean McGrath <digitome@iol.ie>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 11:15:38 +0000

At 07:35 PM 11/20/99 +0800, you wrote:
> From: Don Park <donpark@docuverse.com>
>

>>FYI, SML does not have the three problems.  It is just hairless XML.
>
>Well, it is not XML at all if  it miss-parses a well-formed XML
>document.

Ah, but as I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong SML guys),
the idea is to make SML an "application profile" of XML 1.0.

Any SML doc is an XML doc but not the other way around.

	SML < XML < SGML

regards,

<Sean uri="http://www.digitome.com/sean.html">
Developers Day co-Chair WWW9, April 2000, Amsterdam
<uri>http://www.www9.org</uri>
</Sean>