   Re: Asynchronous message queue by SMTP&POP3

  • From: James Robertson <jamesr@steptwo.com.au>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 09:14:10 +1100

At 23:40 7/02/2000 , K.Kawaguchi wrote:

>But at the same time I personally think that SMTP/POP3 can still work
>very well in many situations; especially for lightweight systems.
>Or, is it only me who feel like this?   If so, what am I missing?
>
>Yet unsolved question is whether such a component already exists or
>not...

Well, XML is just plain text (although Unicode
would seem to complicate that a little).

If your XML is just ASCII, couldn't you just
send the content in the body of the e-mail,
just using standard e-mail tools?

If the XML is full Unicode, perhaps MIME
encode it, and then include it in the message
body?

Either way, the e-mail side of things should
be pretty standard, so I'm not sure what a
custom component would really do for you ...

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd
SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy
Illumination: an out-of-the-box Intranet solution

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
jamesr@steptwo.com.au