   Re: Asynchronous message queue by SMTP&POP3

  • From: "K.Kawaguchi" <ml@swiftinc.co.jp>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org, KenNorth <KenNorth@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 12:08:29 +0900

> I didn't get the impression the original poster (K.Kawaguchi) was confused
> about the distinction between content and network transport. I'm missing
> your point because the original inquiry was about software that:

Maybe I can say that what I'm trying to do is to find or build a
"network" layer in terms of OSI model.

"Transport" layer, which is responsible to end-to-end communication, is
beyond the scope of SMTP/POP3. End-to-end here means a communication
between two components that can talk XML.

> Is your point that we should only be discussing only document content, and
> not software or system architectures used with XML applications?

I too want this point to be clear.

K.Kawaguchi     Swift,Inc.
E-Mail:k-kawa@swiftinc.co.jp