   Re: XML-DEV LIST ADMIN UPDATE

  • From: Jonathan Irving <jonathan.irving@sun.com>
  • To: Marcus Carr <mrc@allette.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 03:57:16 +0100

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 10:54:59AM +1000, Marcus Carr wrote:
> Don Park wrote:
>
> > Thank you for offering assurances, which I prefer over silence
> > and abandonment, but I do prefer real deeds over promises and
> > press releases.  Finally, I would like some words of appology
> > from OASIS.
>
> My understanding is that OASIS derive little if any benefit from hosting this
> list - if so, a bit more patience and a bit less bluster may be in order.

this is mistaken.  oasis gains great credibility from
running xml-dev.

i don't believe patience is being tested here, or at least
not in my direct experience.  i do judge, however, that
majordomo on my workstation has greater uptime than this
list.

although i don't share don's desire for an apology from
oasis, i think that it really isn't as difficult as they
make it seem to run a mailing list, or at least the
non-human aspects of it.

cheers
jonathan

--