   Re: PC Week on "Why XML is Failing" ?????

  • From: "KenNorth" <KenNorth@email.msn.com>
  • To: "Paul Tchistopolskii" <paul@qub.com>, "'xml-dev'" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:38:55 -0700

<< Where is the hype?
<< But I see absolutely no hype.

I'm glad you replied because we probably aren't using the term "hype" in the
same way. You seem to be using "hype" to refer to providing erroneous
information. That's not my meaning.

My use of the word hype is synonymous with evangelizing, promoting,
cheerleading, or advocating. Let me rephrase so my meaning is clear --
Steve Ballmer has been advocating XML for quite some time.

Go over to the Gartner Group site and listen to his presentation to last
October's conference. Count the number of times he says XML.

See you at AD2000 London (www.applicationdevelopment.com)
XML DevCon 2000 New York City (www.xmldevcon2000.com)