   Re: The complete xml-dev archives are back online

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 12:20:41 +0100

Norm, Karl

 First very many thanks to you - and colleagues - for your recent work on
XML-DEV.

At 10:36 AM 5/3/00 -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Steven Rowe <sarowe@textwise.com> was heard to say:
> | There are a couple of gaps.  There are no messages in the Oasis
> | archive from the following periods (the dates are inclusive):
> |
> | December 9th - 31st, 1999
> | January 20th - February 1st, 2000
> |
> | The Imperial College archive contains messages for each of
> | these periods.
>
> Can someone look at this for me? The archive xml-dev.199912 clearly
> contains all of the messages, but when I hand it to hypermail it
> stops after message 336. A quick peek at the file doesn't reveal
> anything unusual...

It would be useful to clarify *what* archives are on line. Under:

<http://xml.org/archives/xml-dev>http://xml.org/archives/xml-dev

We find the monthly concatenated messages in raw format. I regard this as the
primary *archive* in that it presumably the strict copy of all messages in
order of arrival (?) presumably without attachments [which I do not believe
should be archived]. This is presumably our historical record (subject to
detailed checking of the sort StevenR is very usefully providing)

On the xml.org home page today the "XML-DEV archives" link to:

<http://xml.org/archives/xml-dev/threads.html>http://xml.org/archives/xml-d
ev/threads.html

and this link is broken. Is there a hypermailed (threaded) version of the
archives?

 TIA

 P.