   Re: The complete xml-dev archives are back online

  • From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  • To: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: 06 May 2000 17:44:26 -0400

/ Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk> was heard to say:
| It would be useful to clarify *what* archives are on line. Under:
|
| <http://xml.org/archives/xml-dev>http://xml.org/archives/xml-dev
|
| We find the monthly concatenated messages in raw format. I regard this as the
| primary *archive* in that it presumably the strict copy of all messages in
| order of arrival (?) presumably without attachments [which I do not believe
| should be archived]. This is presumably our historical record (subject to
| detailed checking of the sort StevenR is very usefully providing)

Yes. I expect the attachements are in there, though. It's just a
raw archive of every message sent to xml-dev, broken out by
month automatically by hypermail. (Though I'll spend a few
nervous moments on June 1 trying to check that everything worked
ok. Hmmm. Come to think of it, I'll be in Edinburgh at the
Schema WG meeting. Ah, I love a challenge :-)

| On the xml.org home page today the "XML-DEV archives" link to:
|
| <http://xml.org/archives/xml-dev/threads.html>http://xml.org/archives/xml-d
| ev/threads.html
|
| and this link is broken. Is there a hypermailed (threaded) version of the
| archives?

The threaded, monthly archives are at

  http://xml.org/archives/xml-dev/YYYY/MM/index.html

                                        Be seeing you,