   Re: Microsoft's Role in the XML Community (WAS RE: Important: The SAXC

  • From: Niclas Olofsson <gurun@acc.umu.se>
  • To: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:31:42 +0200

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" wrote:
> Ok, but spell out MIF for me. :-)

Sorry, it's not very technical. In light of recent hollywood activities
I thought Mission Impossible Force was common knowledge :)

> Hopefully, they learned from that experience, but if their
> only resort was litigation, they didn't learn enough.
> Sometimes when fighting the fight, one loses the cause.

I think the lesson learned is that you always have to think big and then
realise it's all uphill from there. I belive that history has proven
that *many* standards (propriarity or not) that rely on marketing and
hype for fule doesn't make it in the long run. Even though some
architechts from the construction business has proven otherwise, I
really think that excellent, unselfish engeneering is a major key behind
a successful, long living standard. A standard must dominate by
excellence and not manage by fear.

So far nothing new. The new is that I'm thinking about a new theory
around Babel. It's based on the suspicion that maybe it was people
themselves that got tired of it all and agreed on babbling...

/Niclas

PS! Another news of the week is that I read in the XSL FAQ (about
variables) that XSL is a functional based language. Major break-through
when I realized I got the chanse to use my first 4p from university :)
The difference between imperative and functional aproach towards XSLT is
around 2 pages. It should be emphasized when someone asks.