   Unknown base type error?

  • From: Ramesh Gupta <ramesh@eNode.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 19:37:13 -0700

Given the following schema:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<schema>
    <element name="foo" type="IntegerList"/>

    <simpleType name="IntegerList">
        <list itemType="integer"/>
    </simpleType>
</schema>

and the following instance document:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<foo xmlns:xsi="http://ww.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
        xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://localhost/mySchema.xsd">
</foo>

I get an error "Unknown base type for type IntegerList" with Xerces 1.2.0. I
am not sure why. I tried namespace prefixes and target namespaces, but to no
avail. Could anyone please help?

Thanks in advance.

Ramesh