   SAX and DTD-reading

  • From: Philip Arickx <philip@eigroup.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 14:57:48 +0100

Hi all,

Question :

is there any way, with SAX, to determine how an attribute was defined, if
this happened thru an entity ?

To be more specific : I'm writing a WBXML encoder, enabling one to encode
XML into a WBXML bytecode stream. What I need it for is for encoding WML to
WMLC.
Now, certain specifications in WMLC state that if an attribute was defined
as %href; (or whatever), such and such defaults apply. My problem is, when I
use the DeclHandler, all I get back as attribute definition is CDATA (which
is what %href; resolves to).

Since I want to make the stuff as open as possible (it is going to be
released as open source, so it'd better be neat :-) ), and I want to be able
to put in new wbxml standards easily, I'm looking for a good way to
determine the entity used for defining the attribute - short of parsing the
DTD myself (which I think is overkill).

Is it at all possible with any parser ? Using SAX ?

Thanx !!

Philip Arickx
Empower Interactive