   How Do I Turn On Validation Locally?

  • From: Allen Chang <allen@dejima.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 15:04:43 -0700

Hi there!

I'm using org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser and I'm supposed to turn on
validation with
            parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation",
true);

Does this require internet access? It seems to. How do I avoid having to
connect to the internet? We need to run it locally sometimes, but I can't
figure it out from the documentation or the books I have.

One book says I can refer to a local text file, but what do I say in that
file?

Thanks for your help in advance!

--Allen