   RE: Who will maintain SAX?

  • From: Bill dehOra <wdehora@cromwellmedia.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 10:54:44 +0100

>> >Ok then,
>> >
>> >How about moving SAX into Oasis with three maintainers?
>
>> Or some larger odd number if enough people want it. Or possibly by
>> language implementation?
>
>A larger working group would likely be fine, but I believe the
>original suggestion was to have the minimum necessary people on the
>technical committee to be "official" by OASIS process, and then for
>those three to continue maintaining SAX, in both spirit and practice,
>as it was originally developed here on xml-dev.

Ok, but both the suggestions you quote above are mine. I'm Irish, so 3 is an
allowable magic number :) (as well as very good number for getting things
done). Soon after it occurred that per language involvement might also be
worth thinking about.

>In other words, the TC isn't making the technical decisions among
>themselves, but just prompting and continuing the discussion on
>xml-dev and doing the editing of the specs.

Since there are 3 volunteers, maybe that's enough for a handover? In other
words, if anyone wants in or isn't happy with this, now is a good time to
pipe up.

-Bill de hÓra