   XML Schema - use of min(max)Inclusive(Exclusive) on some characterbased

  • From: Miloslav Nic <nicmila@idoox.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:08:03 +0200

I am still fighting with XML Schema (well, I like it now more I did few
months ago, the concepts
are actually much simpler I originaly suspected when encountered this
lofty language spec) but still there are bits I just cannot grasp:

The last one:

facets maxExclusive, minExclusive, maxInclusive, minInclusive can be
used on types like:

ENTITY, ID, IDREF, QName, NOTATION, ...

but they cannot be used on:

string, NCName, uriReference, ...

QName, which can have these facets, consist of namespace name
(uriReference) and local part(NCName),
both of them cannot have these facets, how does it fit together?

How should be ID's ordered to apply these facets (again ID's are sets of
NCNames, which cannot have these facets)?