   Re: Is it just me...

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:58:16 -0400

At 09:51 PM 10/18/00 -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
>...or does the payload ratio - payload being technical content of
>interest to XML developers, in their role as developers - seem kind
>of low around here these days?  Until recently, I hadn't been in the
>habit of deleting dozens of xml-dev postings at a time, unread. -Tim

The discussion seems to have addressed a lot of the political needs of very
technical folk, so it may just be that the needs of XML developers have
changed.

The number of posts has gone way up lately, and I think the number of
'technical content' postings you're looking for has stayed the same.

Technical postings are still here - there's just a lot of issues the
community needs to address, and they tend to come up in burstier patterns
than do the relatively steady flow of technical questions.

I'm pretty happy with the way the politics discussion drifted into the
RDF/Semantic Web discussion, moving from pure process to
(politically-tinged) technical futures.  And along the way I think there
were some concrete suggestions for addressing the political problems, some
of which might help avoid future bursts of political traffic.

That is, of course, if they weren't all deleted by the people who could
address them...

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML