   Re: W3Cs new policy of standardizing (Re: Schema at XML namespace URIto

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>,",,XML Developers List" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:46:15 -0400

At 11:28 PM 10/23/00 +0800, Rick JELLIFFE wrote:
>Simon has finally got it right!   The W3C has been issuing standards
>telepathically for several months now, harnessing TBL's horrible powers.
>The earthlings are powerless to disobey these unlabeled, unwritten,
>unpublished, insubstantial commands.  Now that Simon has twigged,
>we can reveal the full SHOCKING TRUTH.
>
>Please send your telepathic comments to
>criswell://www.w3.org/evil-plot-wg/
>or directly to  w3c-rule-the-world-comments@w3.org, or connect using
>WAP though the radio transmitters the dentists have secretly put in
>your teeth.

Thank you for much-needed entertainment while I finish a malingering chapter.

Now do you think the W3C can get back into the business of developing Web
technologies in a reasonably public and hopefully coherent manner?

Getting the job done right - both technically and politically - seems like
a better idea to me than installing radio transmitters in people's teeth.

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML