   Re: Soft Landing

  • From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
  • To: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:42:20 -0400

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" wrote:

> I always felt that feeding them
> automagically from services such as full-text
> indexing and analysis was dicey.  If you
> use semantic nets to create semantic nets, it
> is a bit like using an a-bomb to detonate
> an h-bomb.

Um, an A-bomb *is* what you use to detonate an H-bomb.  In principle,
you could use another H-bomb, but there has to be an A-bomb somewhere
at the beginning.

So I'm not sure what you mean by your metaphors.

--
There is / one art                   || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
no more / no less                    || http://www.reutershealth.com