   Re: simple question on namespaces.

  • From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
  • To: Arjun Ray <aray@q2.net>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 11:24:40 -0700 (MST)

Thank you *so* much, Arjun, for that telling exchange.  I'm personally +0
on the W3C's archives being opened (not that my vote means S.F.A), and I
understand some need to protect the guilty if it's the only way to make
political companies play standards ball, but It is very useful to have a
brief glance into the archives.

I definitely agree with the party who felt that the NS rec should have
explicitly prohibited resolving the NSRef in order to affect processing.
Not as a perfected solution, but as a better solution than leaving such a
dangerous vacuum. It's a shame this wording never made it.

Ah well, the damage is done.  Onward.