RE: Namespace or document gloss?

Edd Dumbill wrote,
> I was thinking along similar lines, too.  As indeed Paul Grosso
> observed earlier there are elements of this that fit with the
> "XML Packaging" thing.
>
> Maybe all that's needed is a way (PI or attribute) for a
> document instance to indicate a relevant resource bundle (or
> whatever it gets called...) -- or maybe documents can
> incorporate inline aspects from the resource vocabulary.

I don't think that's the right way to go. By hardwiring
references to associated resources into the document instance
itself you make it impossible to reuse an existing doc with a
different collection of resources without modifying the doc, or
using some XML processor specific override mechanism (eg. a SAX
entity resolver).

I'm thinking of something more along the lines of the
Decorator Pattern ... which is what I was groping towards here,

> Either way, I'm enormously happy to see this activity underway.

Ditto.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                               InterX
Internet Systems Architect                5/6 Glenthorne Mews