RE: Problem w/ Schema for elements with similar defs

Dear Jeff,

I've been reading carefully your proposition, but I'm afraid "extension"
doesn't work as you are proposing.

In http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#DerivExt says:

"Furthermore, the two content models are treated as two children of a
sequential group."

So, it is expected (using this model) that a "consulta" or a "recurso"
element should have a "texto" followed by a "imagen". Actually, when I tried
your approach with XMLSpy I received the error message "Mandatory elements
expected in 'consulta' after 'texto': (imagen)".

Mmmm! :-(

Besides this approach I have been trying another based on different
namespaces but I don't think I can go any further.

:-( Again.

Best Regards,
--
José Manuel Beas (jmbeas@telenium.es)