Resource Directory Description Language (RDDL)

Tim Bray and I have integrated our proposals for a Resource Directory
Description Language (RDDL): http://www.openhealth.org/RDDL/

A Resource Directory provides a text description of some class of resources
and of other resources related to that class. It also contains a directory
of links to these related resources. An example of a class of resources is
that defined by an XML Namespace. Examples of such related resources include
schemas, stylesheets, and executable code. A Resource Directory Description
is designed to be suitable for service as the body of a resource returned by
deferencing a URI serving as an XML Namespace name.

The Resource Directory Description Language is an extension of XHTML Basic
1.0 with a new element named resource. This element serves as an XLink to
the referenced resource.

RDDL is an XML-DEV project.

A change from prior drafts is the introduction of a RDDL document describing
a list well known URIs to be used as xlink:arcrole=s for common resource
types such as CSS,XSD, RDFS.

Jonathan Borden
The Open Healthcare Group
http://www.openhealth.org