XHTML m12n XSD

> for which I see a serious need for you to complete the
> proposed XHTML m12n XSD

It think that we must be *very* careful when making any claims for an XML
Schema version of XHTML. I found this lesson out the hard way by not making
position understood when I first raised these issues about half a year ago.

1. It may *not* be feasable to complete XHTML Schema m12n, due to many many
inherent difficulties
2. An XML Schema version of XHTML would *not* be equivalent to a DTD
version, altohugh I'm sure people will claim it is :-)
3. XHTML is more a doucment format than a data format, so the reasoning is
slightly blurred

Please note that I am not putting down an XML Schema version of XHTML: on
the contrary, I have pleaded for work to start on it, and am very happy
that Rick has started to do so. However, I think we must be *very* careful
when making any claims about them, especially comparative ones with the
normal DTD version.

Of course, with disadvantages also come the advantages, namely that XML
Schemas are more data oriented, and can be XSLT processed.
In conclusion, an XML Schema version of m12n is at best extremely
experimental, and makes for a volatile subject. Please always keep in mind
that there are advantages *and* disadvantages. Personally, I have no
objections to it, and welcome any further improvements (in the "why not?"
manner), and may contribute further at a later date :-)

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
http://infomesh.net/sbp/
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ [ERT/GL/PF]
"Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
   - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.