-----Original Message-----
From: Sean B. Palmer [mailto:sean@mysterylights.com]

> In other words, a fine topic for gnashing until next Christmas.

Yes! I've already been firmly gnashed on this topic, which I could never
understand, but I'm ready for a calmer discussion about it. Hopefully,
xml-dev will be a bit more open about it...

> Why was the section on XLinks not done?

Note that a lot of it is incomplete. I don't know Rick means about the
"XHTML XLink module", because as far as I'm concened, there isn't an XLink
module in XHTML 1.1/m12n. But never mind... Rick can write one, and then
we'll have XLink in XHTML, so don't let on to him :-)

Actually, I think we should all give Rick a big round of applause for a
valiant first effort... it isn't easy as I know (I modularized a version of
XHTML Basic using similar principles when the argument came round the first
time). And I only did it for Basic, Rick is doing it for the whole lot of
m12n (I presume).

I'm still disappointed that he spells XHTML wrongly in the title :-)