Re: XHTML m12n XSD

RE: XHTML m12n XSD> Clearly the XHTML entity declarations would have to be
> in a DTD (since there is no way to declare entities in XSD),

This is one of the larger problems, but there are other small syntactical
problems. Some of these have been fixed by the new XML Schema CR, such as
the "redefine" facility...

> but in other ways would an XSD and a DTD version of a
> document "schema" (broadly defined) be non-equivalent?

Well basically, because they are two completely different approaches at
syntactic constraints, they are very difficult to compare. In other words,
the XML Schema data model for XHTML might differ, however slightly, from
DTD XHTML. If so, then XHTML Schemas must not be regarded as iso to the
standard XHTML type.

However, this does not mean that such a data model cannot or should not be
produced, only that it should not be regarded as being the same as the XML
DTD version.

And this is only one small part of a series of advantages *and*
disadvantages. It would have been nice if someone could have explained them
to me half a year ago, but hey, figuring them out for yourself is almost as
fun :-)
Ugh, and I *still* have a long way to go...

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
http://infomesh.net/sbp/
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ [ERT/GL/PF]
"Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
   - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.