RE: XHTML m12n XSD

Title: RE: XHTML m12n XSD

Hmmm ... this is very interesting.  Could someone elaborate on these points, or point us to somewhere they are discussed?  I understand the many ways in which

DTDs are too limited to be used effectively for "data", but never heard that
XSDs are not fully suitable for "documents".

Clearly the XHTML entity declarations would have to be in a DTD (since there is no way to declare entities in XSD), but in other ways would an XSD and a DTD version of a document "schema" (broadly defined) be non-equivalent?