RE: XHTML m12n XSD

I'd say XHTML isn't a subject many are
as concerned with as others would wish
to think.  Vanilla HTML is probably
still coin of the realm.  That is not
as pressing an issue.  Modularity techniques
are a pressing issue.

We are going to have the same issues as
other DTDs are schematized.  We should
get this worked out now.

I am thinking about X3D.  X3D works out fairly
well as it was an object-model in the
original VRML97, so abstract nodes are
the basis of the work.   But the modularization
of the X3D DTD followed the XHTML model and I
haven't looked to see how that is being
adapted for the experimental X3D Schema.
X3D also has its own API.

If it is correct that the modularization
of HTML can only be done in DTDs, or
the techniques used (extensive PEs and
prefixes), then we have a very real problem
that should be exposed early and hammered
in the community without chicken little
kinds of debates unless it turns out the
sky really is falling.

Tim says we have a legacy issue with
HTML links with regard to XLinks.  Again,
more problems surfacing with mismatched
designs and legacy?

So the RDF in the XHTML schema becomes a
*more expressive* set of meta-constraints?

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h