Re: And the DTD says, "I'm NOT dead yet!!"

Danny Vint wrote:

> Anyway, yes DTDs are missing data type other than strings, but in most
> cases for documents (another segment of the world here - not everything is
> web and business applications) this is all that is needed.

And for data types there's always HyLex, a much-neglected
part of the SGML General Architecture.  It's missing some
of the features of W3C Schemas, but for other purposes
it's more powerful (plus it's simpler and more elegant,
at least to my eyes).

--Joe English

  jenglish@flightlab.com