Re: XPath: how to select based on element type?

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 10:33:26AM +0000, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Sankaranarayanan K V wrote:
> > (1) Is there a way a in XPath to select nodes based on their element type?
>
> Element type is not a term I recognise. Perhaps you either mean node type
> or element name. Either way:

By "element type," I meant the value of the 'type' attribute in the
element declaration (in the schema) for the element. That type which is
declared using the xsd:simpleType or xsd:complexType elements in the
schema definition.

I didn't mean the node type or element name.

To give an example:

I want to pick up all elements of type 'Address' from the following
document:

  <Person>
    <Name>...</Name>
    <WorkAddress>...</WorkAddress>
    <HomeAddress>...</HomeAddress>
  </Person>

where WorkAddress and HomeAddress may be of type Address in the schema
definition.

Regards
Sankar

--