Re: And the DTD says, "I'm NOT dead yet!!"

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>

> ... It's _not_ W3C policy to deprecate DTDs:  indeed
> the XML Schema WG decided to provide a DTD for XML Schema precisely
> because they recognised their continuing utility.

And, furthermore, I think people sometimes get confused between W3C staff
(Tim BL, Dan C, etc)  having legitimate policy directions and strategies
they wish or agree to promote (even as matters of house style, at the lowest
level) and official W3C policy.  W3C technological specs are developed by
W3C Working Groups in which W3C staff only have the same voting rights as
other members.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe