-----Original Message-----
From: Sean B. Palmer [mailto:sean@mysterylights.com]

> The article doesn't disturb me.  It was sent
> to me from a different list discussing schemas
> as "food for thought".

May I enquire as to what list? It seems odd to me that someone should use
this article as any form of discussion point except for that quote of Mr.
Connolly's...but I'd like to know within what context it was used...

> That makes it easy to explain why the DTD
> is there even if not why it is non-normative.
> That still makes no sense to me.

I'm quite sure what you're implying there...DTDs are non normative? Huh?
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought that the DTD format was laid out in the
SGML ISO specification...probably not.