RE: And the DTD says, "I'm NOT dead yet!!"

The problem is authority and credibility.  If
the public statements of the authorities are
at odds with the policy as expressed in the
record of authority, credibility suffers.
One can privately agree to disagree, but the
public statements make for political problems
which will turn into technical problems.

Once people started investing, the stakes
went way up.  The Press is always listening.
Worse, we built the very Golem that makes
it even more irritating: a web that replicates
rumor as fast as fact... indiscriminately.

It's one of those "comes with the territory"
properties that most CEOs, VPs, etc. learn
about sooner or later and detest, but
everyone detests the sideeffects of not
learning it sooner.

Len