RE: And the DTD says, "I'm NOT dead yet!!"

At 10:23 AM 1/8/01 -0600, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>The problem is authority and credibility.  If
>the public statements of the authorities are
>at odds with the policy as expressed in the
>record of authority, credibility suffers.
>One can privately agree to disagree, but the
>public statements make for political problems
>which will turn into technical problems.

Which only gets more complex when the design issues docs at the W3C and
early Notes get cited as axiomatic.

(http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Architecture.html)
(http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-webarch-extlang)
(etc.)

Fortunately, pointing this out on a regular basis does some to keep it down
somewhat.

Simon St.Laurent - Associate Editor, O'Reilly and Associates
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML