Re: URIs, names and well known RDDL names, was: Re: Quick edit

At 10:24 10/01/2001 +0000, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>Quick followup -- I checked the XLink spec, and it's pretty clear that
>
>'role' is for properties of the target resource
>'arcrole' is for properties of the target wrt to the link
>
>so my/Tim/Jason's proposal, that 'role' be the primary xlink attribute
>we use to distinguish on rddl:resource from another, and 'arcrole' be
>the secondary one, seems clearly preferrable to the status quo.

I'm missing something here...  To give an analogy, this seems to be like
saying, when programming in C,

struct {
    int a;
    int b;
    double c;
} rddf;

that the primary access to struct members should be by writing their
datatype (int/double):

    rddf.double

and that use of the member name (a/b/c) should only be used if necessary to
disambiguate:

    rddf.int[sort=b];

--
Cheers,