-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:Daniel.Veillard@imag.fr]

>Well, competence in term of patents is simply a different
>world. Someone may be the best technical expert in a domain
>without being able to have full knowledge of all the patents
>present in the field. I think Sun's patent was discovered
>accidentally. And some companies patent pools are so large that
>takes them many months to give an exhaustive answer on the
>patent they may held in a given area.

True.  They need RDF on their patent records to get a faster
return. :-)

>Well my opinion is useless. Anyway HTML is now transitionning
>to XML.

No opinion is without application.  Anyway, the idea would be
to walk away from the HTML application language altogether.
Scrap it.  Leave the legacy to rot.  Get another set of
generic codes whose owners aren't bound to the agreement
where a downtranslation target is needed, and take on the
burden of XML+stylesheets in others.  It would do damage
to the XSLT to HTML solutions, but oh well.

I'm kidding here.  No one will get rid of kudzu, but it
makes it evident that some might want to consider alternatives to HTML.
Dang.  A real use for PDF. (-:

>  without string based addressing ?

Nope.  Just without HTML.  Kick a leg or two out of the
claim and see if the suits can hold one to the agreement.

> or just agree to ignore the patent
> and perhaps boycott Sun products until they relent.

  Hum, I never purchased anything from Sun, they probably
don't care ...

> http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

> Is redirected to

>  http://search.mp3.com/bin/search?query=expressurl&%3flang=eng

> heh ...

And we thank you for the click.  Please buy a CD.  You can
be the first to do so.  I will gladly ask MP3 to not use
any of the monies to defray the costs of infringing on the
Sun patent.  In retaliation, Eve can copy my MP3s to Napster.

What was that bit in SouthPark about the PooMan?

len