Re: (Second) Last Call for XPointer 1.0 <offtopic>

Len,

> As for the patent office excuse, I agree, but Daniel,
> with all the power and money in the world, we haven't
> figured out how to count votes in this country.  Don't
> think we aren't embarrassed by it.  On the other hand,
> information theory says nothing we try will fix that
> problem.  Noisy systems can't reliably resolve binary
> decisions without external controls.

Interesting looks like we will actually put the "all the money and power"
issue to question this time. [1][2]  It's funny though, Sun isn't joining in
on this one despite it's involvement in tracking California's election this
year [3]

[1] http://news.excite.com/news/r/010111/12/news-voting-system-dc
[2] http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/steve/09-26enterprise2000.asp
[3] http://java.sun.com/features/2000/11/calvoter.html