FW: (Second) Last Call for XPointer 1.0

(John asked me to forard this to the group due to e-mail problems)
-Jonathan

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Jonathan Borden wrote:

> By downloading and reading this message you agree to pay Jonathan Borden
the
> sum of $1,000,000 US dollars.
>
> Jonathan -- just sitting here waiting for the bucks to roll in :-)

No, that contract *is* silly -- there's no actual or implied agreement.
But consider this announcement:

"According to these moth-eaten documents, I own the land under your house.
But if you agree to let me stay at your house whenever I want,
I will undertake not to evict you.  This is not a lease."

What would you do?  Sit tight, or put up with the unwanted guest?

One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore
	--Douglas Hofstadter